Hi guys, i am a new member

Hi RM

If u are serious about getting a HT don't limit it to texas.. Get a consult from sevral top doctors before making a choice.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

hi,

Thanks for your suggestions.

As per my investigation i also came to know that Dr. Limmer's clinic is really doing good job.

They are performing microscopic follicular unit transplanting.

Is this now the latest technology?

My hair loss is only minimal(only above the forehead)

SO how many grafts do i need?

Will the doctor be deciding this or can we suggest based on the required density.

Please let me know your suggestions

ram

ram_uk,

Consider answering these questions and reading the following threads:

1. How old are you?

2. Where are you on the norwood scale?

3. Are you on any medication? finasteride and/or minoxodil?

4. What is your family history of hairloss?

5. Do you have an pictures you can post for us of your hair loss condition?

Things to consider before having a hair transplant:

http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=569...071019713#5071019713

Am I too young for a transplant:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/showthread.php?t=152790

Cheers and welcome to our community.

Bill

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestions.

1.I am 28 years old.

2.On a norwood scale, i would need 1500 to 2000 grafts max.

3.Currenly i am not on any medication

4.Non of my family members including grandparents have baldness

I have decided to go for hair transplant with Dr Limmers, but now i am looking for alternatives.

If each graft costs $3- 4$, the whole surgery could cost around 8000-9000$ which is quite expensive.

Alternatively, i have read a lot of threads and did some investigation from this site.

There is a clinic in Hyd called DR Ashok. Jagdish(a member of this forum) earlier had his HT from this clinic but was not completely satisfied.

He was not sure if the doctor had used laser or Microscopic.

So what if i get approach the doctor and get all the things clarified before as to the type of treatment which is being used, ie whether it is microscopic FU HT or any mechanical treatment that he is offering.

The reason why i am looking for this alternative is, it would cost around Rs40000, in india, but the same is costing nearly 10 times more in US.

I understand that there is definately a difference in treatment in US and in india. But not that medication and technology is available in india as well, and with experience the doctor would also get expertise in this area.

So please suggest if this forum recomments DR ashok.

I would appreciate an unbiased suggestion, not taking into consideration the US and India feeling icon_smile.gif

Also what are the list of things that i need to get clarified from the doctor before going for a HT

Thanks

RAM

ram_uk,

If Dr. Ashok is the doctor that did Jagdish's work, stay away...he is using older technology (making larger incisions and spaces the grafts very far apart).

Though I haven't seen much first hand work from Dr. Limmer, from what I've seen Pat post, he seems to do quality work.

Personally...I'd stick to this list and do extensive research on each doctor you are considering, looking at before/after photos of patients.

http://www.hairlosslearningcenter.org/hair-loss-content...s/our_physicians.asp

Also, considering getting on finasteride to prevent future loss.

Use "google" to look up the norwood scale. You will be classified as a 0 (no loss) through 7 (the greatest amount of hairloss).

Cheers,

Bill

Avoid Dr. Ashok.

Send your pix to as many doctors for an online consult. That should be a starting point.

Personally, I feel comfortable recommending Dr. Arvind because I have seen his patient results. He is value for money even though Bill and pat dont agree due to some history. But as a patient, I am not into this for any thing but the results.

Jolly,

Are you a patient of Dr. Arvind?

I'm concerned about results too...of course.

But unless you are a direct patient of his, how do you really know that the results you've seen are of his patients? That's the worry I have...and I think it's valid.

Of course...I am wanting to see some results all the way through maturation from his patients.

Bill

• 2 years later...

There are some good doctors in Texas. I visited Dr Arocha and Limmer. I chose Arocha and got excellent results.

Arocha is a very nice guy too. Good staff. Easy to talk to and does good clean work. One of the top docs on this site. On par with Rahal, H&W, etc...

I would suggest giving him a call. Like I said very down to earth and easy to talk to.

Stay away from HT doctors in India!! The reasons they are much cheaper than top US docs is because they lack the facilities to do quality Ht's and get sub par results. A HT is a life long decision so make the right choice when it comes to the doc. Dr Arocha has been posting some great work lately , set up a consult with him.

Stay away from HT doctors in India!! The reasons they are much cheaper than top US docs is because they lack the facilities to do quality Ht's and get sub par results.

Not necessarily so. Clinics in Third World countries have lower operating costs and not necessarily lower quality.

take care...

I wouldnt trust my head to any chance. There are maybe 5 -10 doctor I would go to worldwide.

Pick a proven winner

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!