any chance at all of not shedding transplanted follicles?

i've read that MOST will shed their transplanted hair in 2 or so week after the HT. Does that mean that some don't undergo this shed and the transplanted hair just starts growing from day 1?

i've read that MOST will shed their transplanted hair in 2 or so week after the HT. Does that mean that some don't undergo this shed and the transplanted hair just starts growing from day 1?

Asterisk-

Indeed, the majority of patients will shed the hair shaft within the first 1-3 weeks following their procedure. We have observed, in our practice, that maybe 5% of our patients "hold on" to a good number, if not most, of their hair shafts, so that they indeed, "start growing from day one". Again, this is not the norm, rather the exception.

Timothy Carman, MD ABHRS

President, (ABHRS)
ABHRS Board of Directors

hatrick-

Usually by the fourth/fifth week;any hair shafts you have retained at that point in all likelihood

will stay and grow from there.

But as per thininhouston, don't put too much energy into this- in general, it (whether you shed the shafts or not) has little or no bearing on the final outcome.

Grow well!!

Timothy Carman, MD ABHRS

President, (ABHRS)
ABHRS Board of Directors

yeah, im about 4 weeks post op (tomorrow actually) and i still have maybe 25% of my grafts remaining. I'm guessing by week 6 they will all be gone.

Think of it this way, even if they shed, you'll see them again soon. Maybe having them shed upfront is a good thing in the long run.

Anything worth doing is never easy

you have to realize thought that I'm not dating until my hair grows in. So them staying or shedding is the difference between my dating in 2 or 3 months and my starting to date in 5 or 6 months. BIG difference!

Originally posted by PLEASE GROW PLEASE:

Bald guys calling girls ugly. Ive heard it all icon_biggrin.gif

Two words Baby.....

*Bruce Willis*

Two more........

*Andre Aggasi*

Even bald guys can get a good looking woman every now and then... icon_razz.gif

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

ya actually like 2 days after i posted that question, i started noticing my grafts were shedding. its kinda weird though, one side has shed significantly more than the other. my left side has almost no grafts left while my right still has a decent amount. i did receive more grafts to the right side but still kinda strange.