What's the best weapon out in stabilizing hair loss?

I have been on electrotrichogenesis for almost 2 years and have been taking palmetto with it for about 7 months now, and still no positive results. No regrowth, and no stabilization. I don't even know for sure if it's really slowed it down. I have just became a member here, and have heard that Electrotrichogenesis sucks. What do you guys think? If so, my clinic has a helluva lot of explaining to do. Also, I've checked out regrowth.com, and there's allot of hair loss treatments out there. I want to know what is the absolute best out there? Also, can I look forward to some even better treatments in the near future(3-5 years)? Thanks allot, and I look forward to your replies.

danger

I have been on electrotrichogenesis for almost 2 years and have been taking palmetto with it for about 7 months now, and still no positive results. No regrowth, and no stabilization. I don't even know for sure if it's really slowed it down. I have just became a member here, and have heard that Electrotrichogenesis sucks. What do you guys think? If so, my clinic has a helluva lot of explaining to do. Also, I've checked out regrowth.com, and there's allot of hair loss treatments out there. I want to know what is the absolute best out there? Also, can I look forward to some even better treatments in the near future(3-5 years)? Thanks allot, and I look forward to your replies.

danger

Propecia (Finasteride) has the best track record so far.

According to the tests, 86% of users stopped or dramatically slowed their hair loss. Something like 60% regrew some hair.

Side effects were seen in something like 2% of users. I just learned that Tagamet has a higher incidence of sexual side effects than Propecia does. I think the side effects issue has scared guys away unneccessarily.

After 5 years, guys on Propecia had maintained their progress: http://www.ishrs.org/sciarticle.html

Nothing else on the market has these success rates. Of course, not every guy responds, and a few guys will get side effects. Whether you think the risks are worth the potential rewards, is a personal decision you need to make.

Thanks arfy! As far as I've researched, Propecia and Proscar are identical drugs with different doses. The ONLY differenec is the price. Is this true? Can I expect the exact same results with Proscar as I can with Propecia? Thanks again arfy.

danger

It's basically impossible to split the Proscar tablet evenly, so you can't get an exact dose on a daily basis. However, a "weekly" dosage will still be the same, and that seems to be what counts... the "long term" usage. Finasteride stays in your system long enough that small fluctuations in dosage shouldn't matter, missing a day will not be a terrible problem (although try not to skip) etc.

Dividing the tablets is a small hassle but it is worth it for many guys like me, where money is an issue.

If I lived in a household with females present, I would think twice about using Proscar, as you should try to eliminate the possibility that a pregnant female would be exposed to the drug. Splitting the tablets does create a small amount of powder residue.

As far as I know, you can expect the same results from Proscar and Propecia, although it is impossible to divide Proscar 5 ways. So most guys who use Proscar are getting roughly 1.25mg dosage each day, slightly more than what you get with Propecia. I don't know if that is enough to make any kind of difference, I doubt it though.

I believe that finasteride's half life is two weeks. That isn't very long compared to dutasteride (Avodart), but it is certainly long enough to miss a dose or take less or more than 1mg of the drug periodically.

You don't have to religiously and exactly take 1mg everyday. Like arfy said, just try to average 1mg a day of finasteride and you've got the very best PROVEN and available hairloss drug out there.

vocor1