Is it okay to stop Nioxin or will you lost a lot of hair?

taoofjord

Taoofjord,

I did exactly the same thing around four months ago. I got off Nioxin and switched to Nizoral 2%. I am happy to say that no adverse effects have occured.

-Robert

------------------------------

As forum moderator and a Patient Advocate for the Coalition I'm available to answer any questons.

To view animations and videos and learn about leading hair restoration physicians visit http://www.regrowhair.com/our_physicians.asp

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

I dont think stopping Nixon will do anything-- I've been on and off for about 2 years and havent noticed anything. I would suggest added Nazoral to 1-2x a week in addition to Nioxin.

Stay on the Propecia and Rogain regardless and look at adding MSM daily to your supplements.

Best of luck. (stopping Propecia and Rogain will result in hairloss however)

I dont think stopping Nixon will do anything-- I've been on and off for about 2 years and havent noticed anything. I would suggest added Nazoral to 1-2x a week in addition to Nioxin.

Stay on the Propecia and Rogain regardless and look at adding MSM daily to your supplements.

Best of luck. (stopping Propecia and Rogain will result in hairloss however)

Haven't heard of MSM, whats that?

And yeah, I think I will stick with nioxin and use nazoral with it. icon_smile.gif

Taoofjord and Arson,

Methyl-Sulfonyl-Methane (M.S.M.) is an organic sulfur compound which is a metabolite of dimethyl-sulfoxide (D.M.S.O.).

In laymans terms, it has been suggested that MSM promotes healthier and faster growth of hair follicules. I have been taking it for about a month now. At approximately 8 weeks post-op from a 2300 graft hair replacement procedure, I have very noticeable growth at the hairline. I first noticed "peach fuzz" at approximately 4.5 weeks so the MSM could not have contributed to that, but I am taking it as a "it can't hurt" factor to further expedite the growth.

Use the "Find" button and enter "MSM" into the box to use the search feature. You will find that MSM is very popular among recent recipients of hair transplantation procedures.

-Robert

As forum moderator and a Patient Advocate for the Coalition I'm available to answer any questons.

To view animations and videos and learn about leading hair restoration physicians visit http://www.regrowhair.com/our_physicians.asp

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog