Who is the best Hair Restoration Company?

I want to get some work done, but am unsure on who to go with. I read a lot about Bosley Medical and how legally, things went bad for them. Medical Hair Resotoration is another company I have researched. I know these are franchises. I have heard there are lot of EXCELLENT doctors out there that do as well or even better work than these franchises. Anyone have good experiences to share? Thanks!!

I want to get some work done, but am unsure on who to go with. I read a lot about Bosley Medical and how legally, things went bad for them. Medical Hair Resotoration is another company I have researched. I know these are franchises. I have heard there are lot of EXCELLENT doctors out there that do as well or even better work than these franchises. Anyone have good experiences to share? Thanks!!

Kansas,

Welcome to the forum.. The best advice I can give as far as a doctor would be... to read the forums. Look under Experiences, look at the photos, read read read.

this should help arm you with some information and insight in to which doctors are preferred .

Cas

630 FUT - 8/27/03

2200 FUT - 5/20/05

2000 FUT - 12/15/07

"i haven't been this bald since.... well... since I was born!"

Kansas-

DITTO what CASS just said. This sight will help you decide which way to go. Read about all the ones in your area. use the FIND button at the top of the topic page to find specific information on any docs you are considering. And do MANY MANY consults!!!!!!! Good docs are not trying to push you into this. I had a consult with MHR in San Diego, I didn't like their approach or their prices. I do recommend for you to consider traveling for your HT. But first - READ READ READ!!!!!!

Shiny Side Up!!

Kansas,

Welcome to the forums.

First of all, you are in a great place to research independant hair restoration physicians. You can search for Coalition of Independant Hair Restoration Physicians here.

As for researching, one of the most powerful features of the forums is the "search" feature located under the Find button. Search for any keyword and if it has been discussed here, it will be at your fingertips. It's kind of like your own hair loss google.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

Avoid the big franchises, they are usually not the best. Find someone who you could consider the 'worlds best' otherwise you could wind up with mediocre results. It sucks to have a sub-par transplant, it's worse than just being bald. Try to maximize your odds of satisfaction, by searching out (and travelling to see, if necessary) a top doctor. You will be happier in the end.

(Lots of guys travel to get their transplants, most guys are not lucky enough to live near a top doctor.)

Thanks guys. I really want to do a new procedure. I won't rush it this time. I have to pay off the loan I got for the first one anyway. I still owe about $3,000 for a really bad job. Anyone hear of Shapiro Medical Group? I have been reading their web site and some posts made. Anyone have any personal experiences and results to share? Thanks!!