Hi

It was been 2 months since I had my hair transplant from a respectable doctor. I have been using Rogain twice a day.

I am worried because I have started to see tiny red spots in my transplant area. They are made of blood, but they are not raised like pimples. They are forming around the hair's root.

Please help I am panicking. I am begging for a possible explanation!

Hi

It was been 2 months since I had my hair transplant from a respectable doctor. I have been using Rogain twice a day.

I am worried because I have started to see tiny red spots in my transplant area. They are made of blood, but they are not raised like pimples. They are forming around the hair's root.

Please help I am panicking. I am begging for a possible explanation!

Peaceful_Lion,

Don't panic, I'm sure you will be just fine.

Do you have any pictures that will illustrate this for us?

It could very well be ingrown hairs, even though they are not raised like pimples. I know for me, 2 months was around the time I started experiencing this.

Be sure to speak with your physician about it tomorrow and see what he/she says.

Best wishes,

Bill

I really appreciate your response Bill,that is exactly what my girl friend said when she saw it,its not like it is bleeding,it is just "very" small amount of redness (blood) around one or two hairs.I just took a shower and the water washed it away,but there is still a very small pink area that I'll try to get my mom's camera to take some pictures of it and show it to you.

Assuming these are ingrown hairs, should I be worried about them?

I again appreciate your time for helping me

Hey lion.

I also had little tiny bumps/pimples starting around 2 months.

My doc had assured me it was normal.

It was actually the beginning signs of growth.

At two months you have to chill out a bit and realize it will take around 3-5 months before things really start rolling.

MH

I am at 2 months post HT and have also noticed these red dots. They don't look like pimples, just red circles about the size of a pimple. I noticed 1 about a month ago and now see 3.

I wasn't too worried and now that you are also experiencing this I figure it must be part of the healing process. If I recall correctly, I also read another post on this topic during my research and it wasn't anything to be concerned with.

Hope you start seeing some growth soon. rrrrooaarr. icon_smile.gif

Peaceful_Lion,

I'm glad to hear that we have helped ease your concerns. As you can see, other members too have experienced this. And as they stated, these pimples or red dots are typically signs of activity below the scalp, which is a normal and good sign.

I trust you will be just fine icon_smile.gif

Bill

Another thing lion.

Dr.Epstein told me to expect some "acne like" pimples at around 2-3 months.

He suggested warm soaks to these areas with warm water/antibiotic ointment.

I simply used cotton balls with warm water to kind've calm these areas down.

After using the cotton balls i applied a little ointment...it worked wonders.

Look at it this way....pimples and a little redness is a good thing...it means things are about to happen.

Dr.Epstien nailed it...two months later...the areas that had pimples..now have HAIR !!

Enjoy the ride.

MH

thanks MORE_HAIR,I hope it starts to grow,I am feeling better since most of you went through the same thing. I haven't seen any pimple yet,I have just randomly seen very very tiny red spots which are flat so they can't be pimples.but again as Bill said,they might be ingrown hairs,I guess I just wait and see.

That's cool lion.

It's normal to be a little nervous...comes with the territory.

We all heal differently...keep that in mind.

Just curious...who was your doc ??

Good luck...all will be fine.

MH

I personally liked Dr.Rahal, he graduated top of his class and answers your questions with patience,I did research on him and I have not found a single negative feedback,I myself in 2 months post-op so I can't tell you anything at this stage.

My hair is just now beginning to grow. The hair that is growing is very, very light and very thin (it reminds me of baby hair).

Bill pointed out the fact that any hair that grows prior to three months is bonous hair and all of the real growth begins within three to five months. Let's just say that since this is the case, something tells me that I am in for a good head of hair.

Grow well my friend,

A1A