Bosley Boston

I recently done a Hair transplant surgery at Florida, I was promised a transplant of 70 grafts at $9.50 per grafts. So what the sale person told me I required $680 dollars of reservation fee. Because that's exactly what's the transplant cost, they told me the reservation fee would covered it.

so I got the "transplant" done last Monday, with a few "cogulation mark" on the recipient sites, on Wednesday, having my primary physican watch the area. I notice there is significantly less then 70 grafts being transfered.

so the story is, I "paid them" $680 for something like 10-20 grafts

ON the day I done the procedure, I recieve a bill from them saying

it was $4,000, but after the "discount" it become $680. I know the $680 probably gone into toilet by now, but is it a possbility the company can bill me the "unpaid" $3320 (if they remove the discount). a few weeks from now. What can I do to protect myself against the fraud.

please everyone!!

I desperately need help, I don't want to ended up paying $4,000 just for transplant 15 grafts.

I recently done a Hair transplant surgery at Florida, I was promised a transplant of 70 grafts at $9.50 per grafts. So what the sale person told me I required $680 dollars of reservation fee. Because that's exactly what's the transplant cost, they told me the reservation fee would covered it.

so I got the "transplant" done last Monday, with a few "cogulation mark" on the recipient sites, on Wednesday, having my primary physican watch the area. I notice there is significantly less then 70 grafts being transfered.

so the story is, I "paid them" $680 for something like 10-20 grafts

it was $4,000, but after the "discount" it become $680. I know the $680 probably gone into toilet by now, but is it a possbility the company can bill me the "unpaid" $3320 (if they remove the discount). a few weeks from now. What can I do to protect myself against the fraud.

please everyone!!

I desperately need help, I don't want to ended up paying $4,000 just for transplant 15 grafts.

Hi Dave

Who performed the transplant?

Did you sign anything?

This seems quite odd?

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Hey Dave,

I know we are all wary of Bosley and cookie-cutter clinics but this is a new low. Or was this done at a private office? I am confused as to why the description of the post is Bosley Boston if the procedure was done in Florida. Anyway, either something got lost in translation here or this is outrageous. A 70 graft procedure? How big was the area, a square centimeter? They were telling you that it would have normally cost $4000? That works out to near like $60 a graft, whereas the best doctors usually charge like around $5. If they did charge you around $10 a graft for 70 grafts, then it sounds like some kind of super small FUE procedure. Whether you had an actual yield of 15 grafts or the intended 70, I can't see how that would warrant a surgery of any kind, unless this was a rare case and we're missing something. Or unless these 70 grafts were "plugs" containing many hairs, which should basically be illegal to perform at this point as far as everyone here is concerned. Was this a strip surgery? Man, this is gonna stir some sh!t if someone did this to you. Everyone is here to help you though. Can you offer some more information or pictures?

-------

All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my My Hair Loss Website

it's not plugs, it's FUE. I believe they see took out around 70, they initially say they need 180, but the surgeon said 70 would be enough, only trade-off is it would be as dense. Now I really I no where getting 70 neither, maybe 15-25 instead.

do they have the legal right to bill me in full after the discount? They did give me a bill saying I only owed $680. (with $3320 discount). I not quite sure if there any former Bosley victim who got stabbed in the back like this.

anyone experience any amount of "shock loss" during first surgery and the pre-existing follicle fell off? if shock loss does happened, when would they actually fall off?

it's several things that concern me right now

1) would I receive a huge "after-bill", would the piece of document (basically a receipt telling me that I have zero balance, the discount of $3320).

2) did it injury my pre-existing follicle (that something only time can tell).

• Moderators
Originally posted by Dave Shatz:

Why are you so concerned about how much a discount was? They told you your final cost would be $680. You paid $680 and had the procedure done. They sent you a receipt saying you paid $680 and owe $0. They can't send you a bill later simply because they decide to bill you more. If that were possible I'd start charging everyone who ever bought anything from me an extra $500 after they paid for it.

From what you say, it sounds like they have a standard $4000 per session charge and whatever amount of grafts they do that's the price. This way you know how much it's going to cost you upfront. Since in your case they determined that for whatever reason you only needed a very small session, they gave you a "discount" on the standard $4000 session fee and made it $680. This $680 would cover however many grafts they ultimately did, but they estimated around 70.

The idea of doing that sounds ok to me, but you have to be careful that you don't get a lot less work done than they estimated because really you are pretty much getting charged for the estimated work, so if they do a lot less then that then you are paying more per graft then they led you to believe and you end up being overcharged compared to other places you could have gone.

In any case, what concerns me is if they really only did so few grafts. I did have a session of just 12 grafts many years ago with a strip scar (can you guys believe that!), but I didn't really think anyone was still as horrible as the place I went to. I'd like to know why you would only need 70 (or less as you say you got) grafts.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Moderators
Originally posted by Dave Shatz:

I not quite sure if there any former Bosley victim who got stabbed in the back like this.

OK. The title of the post is Bosley Boston. You say you went to a doctor in Florida. Now you're asking about former Bosley patients.

Question: Are you a former Bosley patient who then tried to have some fix up work done in Florida? That might explain a little bit about the session size. Were you just trying to put grafts in to cover a few scars? Were you just trying to fill in a small area where maybe a few grafts didn't grow?

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

This is a disturbing & confusing post to say the least!

First off if they charge you 4,000 for 70 grafts thats $57.00 per graft. Unheard of!

If they charged you $9.75 per graft that is also unheard of.

Secondly, 70 grafts is rediculous. To cut oipen a scalp for 70 grafts is criminal imo!

If I were in your position here is what I would do,

First I would get the clinic to be clear on these two points:

How many grafts were transplanted?

What is the charge per graft after the discount?

Next I would go to a coaltion Doctor for a consultation,

If you are in Florida check out Dr. Glen Charles.

He could check out the work, tell you how many grafts you recieved & tell you what can be done for the future of your hair restoration.

I assume you probably didn't need a HT at all if they only gave you 20 gratfs

I am really curios to see the work & degree of hair loss you are suffering.

So post a photo if you can & good luck!

I am not in Florida right now, is there a website I can check out the list of colation of Doctor in a different city?

I went to emergency room, trying to get documentation of how many hair was transplanted, the physicians and nurses there were giving me a ridiculous look.

do you think a regular physician can do that, or dormatologists?

I just want to have some documentation on my hand, in case Bosley want to rip me off further.

wow.....once again I'm having to bite my tongue and abstain from commenting on the entire nature of this post from patient education right up to the er visit. You more patient and experienced posters can surely help this fellow out. I'm sorry but I sometimes just can't get over the absolute....never mind. Take it away patient helpful guys.

Dave,

Are you a politician? You're dodging the questions like a pro.

Who did your work? Why do you mention Bosley Boston? Why only 70 grafts? Do you have any photos? How do you know you only got 15-25 vs. 70? Last but not least, where on your head/face did you get the transplant?

pushing.....LMAO!

I just hope he didn't take an ambulance to the ER to ask if he might getting set up for a screwing.

$680 from $4,000. "What do you think doc.".."Will I live?" .. "Will I be post billed?"

Doctor, "We have a bleeder." Code Blue !!! he was screwed by a hair transplant clinic.

No wonder they were looking at you like you were rediculous.

You should thank your lucky stars they didn't lock you up.

A hair on the head is worth two on the brush.

I don't work for commision.. I bust e'm for free. Thank me later.

Dave, if you can tell us where you are located we can suggest a coalition hairtransplant doctor that can look at it.

At this point I wouldn't be to concerned with the # of grafts as much as I would with the donor area.

Make sure it is healing properly.

I doubt Bosley will charge you $4,000.00 for 75 grafts.

How long ago was your surgery?

I would try to go to a hairtransplant doctor, at least they won't look at you funny.

how long ago was the procedure? since Monday.

I really wish I know this forum sooner, I saw some of the butcher work does by them after my "bosley" search, and I almost have a heart attack, I saw someone said they lost $30,000 to them, and they completed ruined their hair. basically I have a scar in the region above the ear from a car accident, the window just damage some of my follicle. I hope some of the respondent can lessen their anger by now (yes, 75 grafts is a joke for non-tramautic HT).

they didn't really do 75, more like they done 20.

can I can the number of follicle documents from a coalition HT doctor?

they done a FUE, and I can feel the suture is still on the back of my head, and I need to find a physician to remove it next week.

Thanks so much follica

Dave, if you can tell us where you are located we can suggest a coalition hairtransplant doctor that can look at it.

At this point I wouldn't be to concerned with the # of grafts as much as I would with the donor area.

Make sure it is healing properly.

I doubt Bosley will charge you $4,000.00 for 75 grafts.

How long ago was your surgery?

I would try to go to a hairtransplant doctor, at least they won't look at you funny.

folica

5/3/07~ 2660 FUT with Dr. Scott Alexander.

1 hair units = 706

2 hair units = 1802

3 & 4 hair units = 152

My statements and opinions are my own and are not to be taken as medical advice.

Dave and Everyone,

I suggest we slow down a little and see if we can help Dave.

Dave,

Can you share in some detail a little bit about your experience. I think some of the confusion here is that what you are sharing with us is very Atypical.

Considering many people strive for 70 grafts (Follicular Units) per sq cm in terms of density, getting 70 grafts in TOTAL is a completely waste of time and money and could cause unnecessary shock loss.

Can you give us some background?

1. How old are you?

2. Where are you on the Norwood level of hairloss? Pictures and information of the Norwood level can be found here if you are not sure: http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/346...931027503#8931027503

3. Can you provide pictures of your pre-op and immediately post op condition?

Talk to us and let's see if we can help you.

Bill

Hmmm...okay maybe we're getting somewhere now! You were only having a small scar filled in on the side of your head? That's making a little more sense now. However, you said you have sutures/stiches? If it was FUE, you should not have those at all. Removing a strip for only 70 grafts is NOT the standard. Like follica said, try to get with a transplant surgeon asap to have him/her evaluate it.

Dave,

Everything is starting to make a little more sense. However, such a small scar that only required 70 fu is strange to proceed with a strip surgery because you have just traded one scar for another.

The question of whether or not they actually gave you 70 fu is going to be somewhat challenging to prove because they might just state that the others weren't viable. Moreover I would guess that they would try to give you 70 as it is such a small number and would take little time for them. What benefit would there be for them to not try to satisfy you? Just my opinion.

NN

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

I don't even know what's a strip surgery is.

it's FUE. they spread it at 2 different spots. but I feel there is a suture. I might have my physician checked over it

Dave,

Everything is starting to make a little more sense. However, such a small scar that only required 70 fu is strange to proceed with a strip surgery because you have just traded one scar for another.

The question of whether or not they actually gave you 70 fu is going to be somewhat challenging to prove because they might just state that the others weren't viable. Moreover I would guess that they would try to give you 70 as it is such a small number and would take little time for them. What benefit would there be for them to not try to satisfy you? Just my opinion.

NN

Coalition Doctors are recommended by & are screened by the publisher of the Hair transplant network.

They must perform state of the art ultra refined follicular unit inplants using microscopic equipment & small custom cut blades.

The Doctor pays a fee to be featured here.

If there is a bad experience with a coalition Doctor, the publisher is quick to remove them from the coalition.

A lot of the posters here have had a transplant & our experience with our doctor is opened up for discussion.

The doctors recommended here have proven track records with testimonies & pictures from thier patients making them a safe bet.

I not quite sure if it's my feeling or not, some area of my head feel a bit itchy (area where no work was being done). they did wrap around a scotch type around my head for 1 hours.

did any one of the former victim feel itch and have more hair fall off?

This reminds me of the movie BORAT. It is possible that Dave Schatz is enjoying the attention too much to provide any credentials or answers specific enough to really get help.

Dave Shatz,

The men on this forum are well educated about hair restoration, and very generous souls.

They can help you ONLY if you give them the information they ask for.

If you do not give the information about your transplant and refuse to send pictures, it is hard to take you seriously.

--Ringo