25 - 50 - 75....

I sent my pictures to Dr. Cooley; as I was at the 6.5 month post op. And I asked the question that gets brought up here a lot and that is: How much, percentage wise, of the final result have I achieved? While individual characteristics are most important, here is how he responded with MY interpretation...

At 6 - 7 months, the "typical" patient has seen about 50% of the final result. The range, however, is more like 25% - 75%. The fast growers might have 75% of the final result at this point while a slow grower might have 25% of final results.

I thought that interesting, as my mind works sort of in relation to statistics, percentages, etc.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

I sent my pictures to Dr. Cooley; as I was at the 6.5 month post op. And I asked the question that gets brought up here a lot and that is: How much, percentage wise, of the final result have I achieved? While individual characteristics are most important, here is how he responded with MY interpretation...

At 6 - 7 months, the "typical" patient has seen about 50% of the final result. The range, however, is more like 25% - 75%. The fast growers might have 75% of the final result at this point while a slow grower might have 25% of final results.

I thought that interesting, as my mind works sort of in relation to statistics, percentages, etc.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

The percentages have been on my mind as well this week. Farrel helped me by answering my questions and I also saw a growth chart that helped me. I'm at 3 months and 22 days. I'm optimistic at this point. icon_smile.gif

4374 grafts-7/2/2008-Dr Rahal

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

Originally posted by wantego:

The percentages have been on my mind as well this week. Farrel helped me by answering my questions and I also saw a growth chart that helped me. I'm at 3 months and 22 days. I'm optimistic at this point. icon_smile.gif

Wantego,

You are WAY ahead of the curve -- definitely a fast grower. You will be very happy. Your 3 month pics look more like my 5-6 month pics.

Originally posted by TheEmperor:
Originally posted by wantego:

Wantego,

You are WAY ahead of the curve -- definitely a fast grower. You will be very happy. Your 3 month pics look more like my 5-6 month

pics.

I have actually seen some minor improvement in the 3 weeks since I took my last pictures so I remain optimistic. I really appreciate all the kind words. I'm 100% about final results though so try to bear with me until I reach that 12 months mark. You guys are great. icon_smile.gif

4374 grafts-7/2/2008-Dr Rahal

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

Originally posted by PLEASE GROW PLEASE:

For guys with prior work I think the 75% applies to them more often.

Ive notice after each surgery growth has started later.

Scar tissue is the culprit

Don't you mean 25% applies to guys with previous work since that would in fact be the slower result?

Dewayne this was what I was looking for the other day when you and I posted on the other thread.

As PGP stated with scar tissue,I thaught ARRIE posted something saying the vascular system around your head has been compromised from prior work and therefore alot of people with multiple sessions have a little slower growth with each later session.

Anybody else experience this?

Dr Hasson 2-08