No neither is really able to gotten rid of. It is usually the result of large grafts placed too deep or too shallow by a poorly trained staff usually employed by an equally skilled "DR." In My case it was William Magdalin of (MHR) Boston.

"The first cut is the deepest." Cat Stevens

Pitting is caused by implanting the graft too deep, using too large of slit for graft, or too much pressure -- all usually from a doctor who does not have much experience.

The pitting does lessen in appearence over time- a few years, but never goes away. Laser or derm can help but it will also damage your grafts/fu. The best solution for pitting is for addition HT from a top surgeon and graft in between/fill in the areas --this will camoflouge the pitting.

Mr. I,

I have never seen pitting go away with time (healing). There is also the potential option of extracting the pitted FU altogethor and re-implanting it. This can be especially helpful if the pit is deep and under 1mm in diameter.

It is also possible in some cases to have the pitted graft surgically excised and then closed with one suture. Probably a better option for pitted sites larger than 1mm.

Only consider surgeons that are very experienced in repair. After narrowing your search, make sure they examine you "in person" and explain all of your options. Best wishes to you.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• 4 weeks later...

What they show you and what they use can be different. I was shown microscopes and a tiny scalple and told I would have a 4" scar. They used neither and I ended up with a 10" long smily face and minigrafts. Some doctors go to seminars just to learn what to say to a victim not to gain skill in anything other that how to lie. Once they cut you you are at their mercy."Dr." Magdalin has missed the last 11 out of 12 meetings of the emblem and badge club that certified him . I guess he learned enough.

"The first cut is the deepest." Cat Stevens