Rogaine maintains hair?

ConorGillen

Can Rogaine help maintain hair in the frontal regions? Can it help keep keep those hair follicles healthy? I put it on my crown where there is a little bit of thinning, but also put it along my hair line to try and keep those follicles healthy. Thanks.

Can Rogaine help maintain hair in the frontal regions? Can it help keep keep those hair follicles healthy? I put it on my crown where there is a little bit of thinning, but also put it along my hair line to try and keep those follicles healthy. Thanks.

Rogaine is of primary benefit to the crown

-BUT-

some individuals (RARELY) do re grow hair on the vertex and hair line.

There is a thread by Janna (a tech. for the Shapiro Medical Group) documenting cases of individuals who had SIGNIFICANT hair re growth on the top of their head w/rogaine used in combination w/propecia. which has a synergistic effect.

I have seen a couple of cases where guys re grow so much hair that it appears they never had MPB.

Keep in mind though, that this is the exception and not the general rule.

Conor,

Welcome to our forum community.

Dr. Beehner who is recommended on our online hair transplant community posted a great response to this very question.

To read his Q&A blog about this, see Does Propecia and Rogaine treat hair loss in the front of the balding scalp?

I encourage members to add their thoughts to this topic.

Bill

Thanks for the responses, but I was asking in Rogaine can "maintain" hair in the frontal region. I have had some loss in the front and was trying to find out if Rogaine can help keep the hair I already have in the front. can it keep those hair follicles healthy?