long plane trip after HT

Bring a couple of empty water bottles and fill them up in the terminal if you don't want to buy water at inflated prices (or you are cheap like I am). Stay hydrated!

Get one of those travel pillows, so when you doze on the plane you don't need to worry about your head bobbing all over the place.

I brought some snacks for the flight which helped as well.

Otherwise, the plane ride is pretty easy. You will probably have some pain meds left over and you can take them to help shorten the trip icon_wink.gif

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

Try to travel ASAP after HT, since the swelling usually starts around day 3 or 4.

I am not a doctor. The opinions and comments are of my own.

HT with Dr. Cooley on Nov 20, 2008

2097 grafts, 3957 hairs

Proscar, 1.25 mg daily, skip the 5th day, started Nov 2007

My Hair Loss Blog - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Traveling does not affect graft survival, so whether or not the grafts are settled is not an issue.

I am not a doctor. The opinions and comments are of my own.

HT with Dr. Cooley on Nov 20, 2008

2097 grafts, 3957 hairs

Proscar, 1.25 mg daily, skip the 5th day, started Nov 2007

My Hair Loss Blog - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

What about the hypercoagulable state post-surgery, in view of the recent thromboembolic events in healthy young airline traveler in the news a while back. She was not even post-surgical.

I am employed by Dr. Arocha as his lead tech at Arocha Hair Restoration.

Dr. Arocha is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Right Microscopic slivers. I have posted on this before. Although females are at much higher risk for DVT (leg blood clots), anyone can get a DVT from a long period of sitting in one position. Smoking increases this risk also.

I had a male patient last year who had gotten a DVT from an intercontinental flight. He was older and was preop...and thus had to delay his procedure for I believe 6 months for anticoagulation.

I advise our patients to fly the next day, and we have all patients get up and walk around about every hour here at the office.

When I take a plane, I try to stretch every hour and stretch my ankles every 15 minutes.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

• 5 weeks later...

I will be having the procedure on the 3 rd April and fly home from New York to Ireland on the 8th...

Thats 5 days/Is that ok...

Honestly how bad is the recovery/pain/swelling

does the area have to be shaved..

sorry for random questions in your post!!!