Scabs and Temple Peaks

Wanted to thank Dr.Feller,for affording the first real information on how exactly the scabs progress, especially the ones with hair attached.

I had my HT at Natural Hair Transplant Center in San Diego 3rd of this month.

At 13 days 90 percent of the scabs are stubbornly

there and this despite use of olive oil to ostensibly soften them.(per Doc).

I had 2200 grafts done with front and temporal hairlines moved to decrease the exposed forehead.

I wanted to know if there are other Surgeons who perform temple peak HT. I feel that these have a massive effect in improving the hairline.

I would really appreciate your advice and input.

[This message was edited by Bob Jansen on January 15, 2003 at 05:33 PM.]

Wanted to thank Dr.Feller,for affording the first real information on how exactly the scabs progress, especially the ones with hair attached.

I had my HT at Natural Hair Transplant Center in San Diego 3rd of this month.

At 13 days 90 percent of the scabs are stubbornly

there and this despite use of olive oil to ostensibly soften them.(per Doc).

I had 2200 grafts done with front and temporal hairlines moved to decrease the exposed forehead.

I wanted to know if there are other Surgeons who perform temple peak HT. I feel that these have a massive effect in improving the hairline.

I would really appreciate your advice and input.

[This message was edited by Bob Jansen on January 15, 2003 at 05:33 PM.]

I would think a doc should only do temple work on an older patient (seriously, no offesne uncjim) who won't experience much more loss, b/c what happens if the existing temple hair receded, and then you would have somewhat of a gap bewteen the transplanted hair and your existing hair? I hope I explained my thought process clearly.

RVD is right. You want to avoid a situation where grafts put into the temple points become "islands" because the hair has continued to recede.

One of the issues here is the limited amount of donor hair. I believe many guys will not have the extra grafts to spare, for temple points. They are needed on top. If you look at UncJim's photos, he still has "tall sides", his hair has not receded completely. He has more hair remaining than many guys his age.

The reason some docs play it "conservative" is because they are trying to PROTECT you. Don't hold it against them.

Great topic, btw.

Arfy is preceptive, as I do have tall sides. The dirty little secret here, is that this is because of my two scalp reductions. Yes, I know that this is a dirty word, but in my case, there was a benefit. Was the benefit worth the price in dollars? The answer to that is probably not. By the way, the scar that I carry from them is pencil thin, and has remained that way through the years. To be clear, I'm not advocating scalp reductions here, just relating my experience.

[This message was edited by uncjim on January 16, 2003 at 01:16 PM.]

"Temples 'n Crowns Forever"

Uncjim's Hair Loss WebLog

I acknowledge the risk that the restored temple area could become isolated (i.e., become an "island") if further hair loss were to occur. However, since the area potentially at issue is so relatively small, I suspect that even in this worse case scenario there would almost always be enough donor hair to resolve the problem, even if one had to resort to FUE.

If, indeed, the placement of graphs in the temple areas will have a significant and positive affect on a person's HT results, the investment of FUs in this area may be an excellent utilization of one's limited supply of FUs.

Arfy, you assume that my characterization of NHI's approach as "conservative" was meant as a criticism. This is not necessarily so. Their approach in avoiding the placement of graphs in the temple areas may be correct or may be bad and/or outdated (given the state of the art existing today). As a lay person, I don't know which is true. That is why I ended my prior post by asking the docs to comment on the issue.

BTW, what happened to Dr. Feller?