Propecia = weight gain?

I'm a serious weight lifter and want to know if Propecia could cause any fat gain or affect muscle tone? What other sidea ffects does it have?

Thanks

I'm a serious weight lifter and want to know if Propecia could cause any fat gain or affect muscle tone? What other sidea ffects does it have?

Thanks

stormshadow:

Initially, I definitely gained strength and libido. Seems to have stabilized.

All of a sudden, so to speak, I can get bigger arms than I have before.

My guess is that I have more free testosterone in my blood now, and that is good for muscle development. Finasteride can increase testosterone in the blood by 15%, I've read. That is a mild increase, and has proven safe for me at least with no unpleasant side effects.

The body, however, has a way of compensating and reaching an equilibrium or tolerance condition where I believe basically testosterone levels return to pre-finasteride levels.

In early July, to "celebrate" my 1st full year on 1/4 Proscar, I will publish some pretty extensive results of my past year's weight, body fat, and such. I will also have pre and post testosterone levels available.

I think this info will at least shed a little light on this subject. I'm not sure what the results will be yet, of course.

My testosterone levels pre-finasteride were normal, and reflected an active male who lifts weights regularly but not religiously.

It'll be interesting what the "after" readings will be.

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

If the worst question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.