Dr. Mark Distefano (worcester, mass)

mrkneed

That's curious icon_confused.gif? Sorry you don't see the change.. It's pretty clear in the "after" photo I have lots of hair in the areas I didn't previously, and that's only at seven months icon_biggrin.gif. I will share the final pics later today and maybe you'll be able to see it better then.. Cheers!

Ok here are the latest pics. I measured the results and from my eye brows to my temple hair line there is a 1.75" increase in hairline, I also measure the front to the bridge of the nose and there is .75" hairline increase. To me this is a "significant" increase in hair line for 2900 graphs. Especially with the quality of coverage. My before pics are a bit decieving as I had no hair up front but a small patch that like all men was able to make it look more than it was. Mark did a fabulous job.. Please see the attached pics. I can't wait to get my final application next month! Enjoy!

before_after.JPG.c2534faa11d49e5e9e4c35f59aa5b15e.JPG

Just had another ht with dr dorin of NY 1800 graft just this past week, my first one was dr

dorin 2300

grafts I had consults with lenard and destafano

not sure how good they are they are wright down the street from me it would have been better for me.but I Traveled to ny.Dr dorin is great I trust them and cant wait until my second ht grows in

total of 4110 grafs,proberly is the last ht I can do because of limited doner hair I have about 1200

grafs last for future touch ups

Do your home work. I did not mind the traveling

it was worth it dr true and dr dorin are top notch doctors in this field.Will be doing a blog

soon on my experince and pics

• 3 weeks later...

I've had three surgeries and each one has been trouble-free. It's now been three years since the first surgery and the following two surguries were four months apart. The only recommendation that I would make is to make sure that when the hair line is drawn for the implants that consideration is made as to what would look normal for your age. The first line drawn was simply a bowl-like line from the left to right upper part of the temples.

To fill in all of that area would require several grafts. As well, it would not at all look natural because it didn't allow for a naturally receding hair-line. Instead, I had a line drawn that is more natural to my face, somewhat of a "V" line. This required less follicles and still looks very natural. Considering I was completely bald except on the top of my head, the difference is amazing.

At first, I was embarrased to tell anyone about the surgery. In fact, I rarely mention it as it just appears that I must have been shaving my head all along. However, there is the permanent scar on the back of the scalp which needs to be considered with shorter hair cuts. While I went with more length at first, the scar has become less pronounced and I am not self-conscious about it. After all, I cannot see it and I have only had one person ever ask me what it was from. That person was a barber so I just said "a surgery" and left it at that.

I lived in Cape Cod during the time I had the first surgery. I saw Dr. DiStephano's infomercial in the middle of one of the nights where I had a hard time falling asleep. I really didn't think too much about making the appointment and what I was getting into until I was in the chair and the donor tissue was being removed. At that point, I could only think "what if this looks like the plugs I have seen and I end up looking like a freak?" After a mild panic attack, the surgery was completed (five hours from the time I arrived till I left..and a three hour drive each way to Rhode Island). The first surgery looked horrible for the first few weeks because of the holes and scabbing. However, as the tiny follicles began to appear, I was amazed with the transformation.

The second and third surgeries were easy because I knew what to expect. As well, there is already hair mass where the new the new holes were placed so after a few days, it was unnoticeable except for the stiches. While I would like to have a fourth surgery, the cost is fairly prohibitive these days. As well, I live in Seattle and would have to find a local surgeon or go to Palm Springs (where there are many).

The staff and Dr. DiStephano were always very polite and helpful. I never had to wait to be seen as he only shedules one morning and one afternoon appointment. AS for the double edged blade, I am not familiar with the medical procedures regarding this use. I can only say that I have been very pleased with the results. After $17,000 invested, I do not have any reservations for any of the surgeries.

Richard,

Thanks for sharing your experience.

I'd certainly be interested in seeing your before/after transformation photos if you'd post them for us.

However, I do recommend starting your own thread or creating a "photo album" instead of posting them here. To do this, go to the patient photos section of the forum and on the top left hand corner of the forum, select "New" and "Photo album" and follow the wizard.

Best wishes,

Bill

Chrisridge

Those results look fantastic to me. Your results speak truth to spin. IMO not every doc w/in this network is top-notch. And not every doc out-of-network is crap. Ignore the know-it-alls. It's your hair. And your life. Congrats!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hey everyone,

I came across this blog and thought I'd share what a great hair transplant experience I had with Dr. Mark DiStefano. When I was in my mid 20's, I went for a consultation at a Bosley location and wasn't happy with my experience. I was rushed in and then rushed out. I decided not to get the procedure done at that point. Later that year, I was talking to a friend of mine who said he had received a hair transplant from Dr. Mark DiStefano. I would have never known unless he told me, the hair line looked great. I went in for a consultation a few weeks later and found the staff to be great, Dr. DiStefano looked at my hair personally and the price was about half of what Bosley quoted me. I had the procedure done and it may sound vain but I felt like a whole new person when the hair started to grow in. I looked my age again and I can't explain the amount of confidence that it gave me. It was a great decision to get the transplant done and an even better decision to have it done by Dr. DiStefano. The staff kept me entertained during the procedure and Dr. DiStefano called me personally a few months later to check in. The results were just amazing. I went in for another session about a year ago and again, the results have been amazing. Dr. DiStefano knows what he is doing, trust me. If anyone has any questions, feel free to send me an email and I'd be happy to share more of my experience or even pictures. As you can tell, I like talking about the experience because it was one of the best decisions I have ever made.

• 3 months later...

Hi,

I wanted to share my experience with folks here on my hair transplant with Dr. Distefano. A friend of mine clued me in to the fact that I was losing my hair and recommended that I go in to talk to Dr. D. After a round of denial, I went in for a consultation with the doctor & found I had 'diffuse hair loss' (I was losing hair all over the crown/top of my head, but still had some coverage).

So, I decided to go forward with hair transplant surgery, in addition to starting on Propecia right away to keep the hair I still had. I had a little over 1000 grafts done and the overall experience I had with the Dr. and his staff was great.

I couldn't be happier with the results and it's amazing that no-one I know can tell that I ever had the surgery done. I even traveled for business a few days after the surgery and no-one at the company I visited knew anything was different. Since my experience was so good with Dr. Distefano, I wanted to post some Before & After photos to show my results. The 3 Before photos were taken in the office, and the 3 After photos were taken recently at home. So, the lighting is a bit different in them. I figured out a way to put them all in one file, so hopefully they upload OK.

Overall, I feel great about the results and would be glad to provide more info if anyone is interested.

before_after_drdistefano.thumb.jpg.a272df1c512c309faa0723d5638fed43.jpg

• 7 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...