FUE will leave a scar

homer

Every discussion of this procedure seems to suggest that shaving your head with this procedure wouldnt be a problem as there will be no scar. However even with Dr Woods performing the FUE there will be scars, they may be small granted, but if you have say 2000 grafts done using this procedure the scars will look like small spots. Thus if you shaved your head it will look like you have a lot of spots on the back of your head, a fact which many people do not seem to discuss or realise.Personally i am of course for this procedure but i just think some points are being missed in the discussions of this.

Every discussion of this procedure seems to suggest that shaving your head with this procedure wouldnt be a problem as there will be no scar. However even with Dr Woods performing the FUE there will be scars, they may be small granted, but if you have say 2000 grafts done using this procedure the scars will look like small spots. Thus if you shaved your head it will look like you have a lot of spots on the back of your head, a fact which many people do not seem to discuss or realise.Personally i am of course for this procedure but i just think some points are being missed in the discussions of this.

If you think you want to shave your head, just shave your head and skip the hair transplant completely.

Guys who worry about having a "5 o'clock shadow" in their balding zones, who would actually undergo a hair transplant just so they could have stubble on top of their (shaven) heads, are pretty foolish, IMO.

Just skip the surgery if you want to shave your head. You'll save yourself 20 thousand dollars, and still look the same in the end.

the reason i am discussing shaving my head is because i am scared that after getting a HT if my hair continues to recede then i may be left with nonesense hair at the front and be bald at the back. this is the situation where i think i would be forced to shave my head.

which would you rather do - shave your head after strip, or shave your head after FUE? My point exactly. Also - I know this may sound silly, but I don't think I would like the way the back of my head felt after strip. I want the procedure to be as non-invasive as possible.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic''. Arthur C. Clarke

Unless you have a burning desire to shave your head -- in which case, I agree with arfy, skip the HT -- it won't be a problem if you distribute FUs throughout the top, I believe.

If you focus ONLY on the bald spots and ignoring thinning areas, then what homer described could be a real problem.

Of course, there is also the case where someone has full density behind the balding areas, then it is tougher to do something. Maybe add some FUs just behind the main bald area.

Just some ideas. If I really start looking weird, then I'll go for another HT. Only used 2200 and should have 4000-6000 more available. Right now, I have a lot of genetically unbalding hair throughout my top and no shock. My case, maybe not yours.

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

If the worst question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.