Was going to BOSLEY, Now thinking Shapiro or Konior, HELP!

Hey bro's, Man am I glad I did some research tonight. I have a consult with a doctor at Chicago Bosley tomorrow morning. I figure I'll still go and see what he has to say, but after reading many posts on this site (for like the past 4 hours, lol) I am thinking against Bosley and am between Dr. Shapiro or Dr. Konior.

A little about myself, I am 27 and mainly just have quite a receding hairline that has been bugging me for years. It is a thiner on the top, front then the sides and the back, but that isn't my main concern; although I'm sure I will get some transplants in this area as well. I am guessing around 1000-1400 graphs maybe? But need the doc to determine this. Mainly considering I am focusing on rebuilding and strengthening the hair line, is one doc better than the other? I have read a bunch of posts on these docs, mainly older, but any advice would be greatly appriciated. Thanks so much for the help, you guys are the best...Joe

Hey bro's, Man am I glad I did some research tonight. I have a consult with a doctor at Chicago Bosley tomorrow morning. I figure I'll still go and see what he has to say, but after reading many posts on this site (for like the past 4 hours, lol) I am thinking against Bosley and am between Dr. Shapiro or Dr. Konior.

A little about myself, I am 27 and mainly just have quite a receding hairline that has been bugging me for years. It is a thiner on the top, front then the sides and the back, but that isn't my main concern; although I'm sure I will get some transplants in this area as well. I am guessing around 1000-1400 graphs maybe? But need the doc to determine this. Mainly considering I am focusing on rebuilding and strengthening the hair line, is one doc better than the other? I have read a bunch of posts on these docs, mainly older, but any advice would be greatly appriciated. Thanks so much for the help, you guys are the best...Joe

Influencer,

Glad you found this forum. Like Spex said, take your time and, if you keep your appt with Bosley today, take it with a grain of salt and DON'T make a decision until you've invested at least another month researching.

In just one month, I can't tell you how much more educated I've become. Not only read the forum posts, but check out the Weblogs, topics of interest, choosing a surgeon, etc. There's a lot of information on here.

As for Bosley, there is just too many cases of real live posters here who've had bad or subpar experiences with them. I'm sure they've got their good cases too, but it's just too much of a risk.

I just had about 50 + of the old style plugs of the 90's removed from my head so I know what it's like to have a noticeable ht. And, a common complaint with Bosley ht's is the hair doesn't grow. Maybe they don't keep the strip in proper conditions after taking it out so their yields are very low.

Anyway, if you will find a camera and takes some pics, tell us where you are, etc. I'm sure you'll get some great advice.

To answer your earlier question to me in another thread; Dr. Cooley is in Charlotte, NC and I'm a little north of Atlanta. I drove the 300 miles, but I almost flew to Boca Raton or Arizona because I liked those docs too, so don't get overly concerned with geography. An extra $300 for a plane ticket is nothing.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

You wont have to worry about a plane ticket if your in Illinois . Dr Konior is by far the best in Illinois. Ive seen his work and its great. Dr Shapiro is always mentioned in people "top 5" when it comes to worldwide surgeons. Both guys are really down to earth cool guys and extremely passionate in the work they do.

They both acheive superior results on a daily basis. You can find doctors out there equal to them but finding one noticeably better will be extremely difficult. Doesnt hurt to check out other surgeons but your search should start with these two and it will probably end with one of the two.

Influencer,

Welcome to our forum community.

Our forum members have already given you some excellent advice. Research thoroughly all physicians you are considering and look for consistency in patient results. Use the "find" feature of our forum and search for Bosley to see what their patients are saying. Some have already offered their input on this thread.

By the way, as a resource tool, feel free to use our animated graft calculator to help you determine approprimately how many grafts you would need to meet your hair restoration goals. Keep in mind that this tool only helps for the immediate goal rather than the long term where future hair loss and available donor hair supply must be considered strongly before proceeding.

Best wishes,

Bill

Hey bro's..

I ended up bailing on Bosley this morning, LOL.. Had a bunch of other stuff to do and figured why even waste my time.

Thanks for the reply's guys, I'm sure I saved a HUGE headache/nightmare finding you bro's! And I'll hit you up to Melon.

I am going to try to post some pics in another post but having a little trouble, lets see if I can get it to work, if so check them out and give me comments, best doc for my type of hairline, exc.. Thanks! Joe

Good call on ditchin Bosley brotha!

When it comes to something like an HT only settle for excellence. You'll have to live with it forever icon_eek.gif. Two great docs you mentioned and don't let a little travel influence your decision. It's actually nice to get away for it.

Thank God for the Internet huh! Best of luck.

Influencer,

I can try to help you with the photo album issue.

How long do you wait before you determine nothing happens?

If you are uploading 10 photos that are relatively large, you may have to wait awhile depending on your internet connection speed. Also, make sure your photos are smaller than 500K a piece or they won't upload. It should produce an error however, not just give you a blank screen.

Btw...I'm glad to see you are doing your research on hair transplant surgeons and making good decisions.

Bill

Influencer,

Any image program, including the built in image viewer that came with Windows will have the ability to reduce the size.

If you need help resizing them, feel free to email me at help@hairtransplantnetwork.com.

Alternatively, you could always create a hair loss weblog and then link it to your signature. The photo upload limit is higher so this might be easier and more effective.

Instructions for creating a hair loss blog and linking it to your forum signature can be found by clicking here.

Best wishes,

Bill