Crusting for 3 weeks..Is it OK?

Have you been dilligent in cleansing/maintaining the area (per your doctor's instructions)?

I'd snap a couple clear shots if it's convenient for you and post 'em here.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

The last of my crusts fell off at around the 3 week mark. I had alot of crusting and part of the problem was that i was too afraid to massage the grafts early on. If you follow your docs instructions they'll all come off soon. I also tried soaking my head in a warm bath (fill your tub with water and lie in it) for about 20 min before my shower. That really helped to soften up the crusts.

- badger

3279 grafts with Dr Gabel - 06/12/08

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Gabel

king-hair,

3 weeks for scabs to remain is not too uncommon.

Some physician's instructions even instruct not to start working off the scabs for the first month.

I have also seen some patients (including myself after my first surgery) be a little extra cautious which prevents scabs from flaking off as fast as those who are more diligent in working them off.

I found that showering twice a day and spending an extra 10 minutes in the shower gently massaging the scabbed areas works nicely. Use your fingertips (not the nails) gently but consistently in a circular motion and this should help quite nicely.

I hope this helps.

Bill

If you had a lot of bleeding then you might have more crust than others with less bleeding. Just keeping soaking in tub and slighly shampoo the area at least 3x a day. They will eventually come off-- DO NOT FORCE then off by any means.

SMOOTHY

Dr Shapiro

Propecia/Rogaine xtra

MSM/Saw Pallmetto/Zinc

Nioxin Shampoo line

Zrii 3oz a day