Dermetologists

guyfromsydney

Has anyone been to a dermatologist to discuss their hair loss? are they usually very knowledgeable on this subject?

Has anyone been to any other health professionals? or just GPs and hair surgeons?

Bill, sorry to be a pain in the ass, but could you please move the *Please diagnose my problem* thread that i started in the *hair drugs* section below, to this section.

Would you also please throw your 2 cents in, with your diagnosis.

What would you do if you were in my shoes?

I have rogaine - which i havent started. And a prescription for propecia, which i also havent started.

I am also very happy to get a HT. if my hair evetnually settles down. icon_frown.gif

Thanks

guyfromsydney,

Dermatologists should be knowledgeable on the topic of hair loss, but like anything else, always double check the answers that anybody gives you.

I have moved your "please diagnose my problem" thread to the "Hair Restoration Question and Answers" section of the forum since it is more appropriate there.

I have also commented on it.

Thanks,

Bill

guyfromsydney,

From my experience a dermatologist can certainly tell you if your hairloss is due to male pattern baldness or some other reason. But when it comes to solutions, most are going to write a prescription for propecia and tell you that you can use rogaine as well, then send you on your way. You've made a great first step in educating yourself by finding this site. Goodluck