How bad does it look ?

Hi

Please let me know how bad my front hairline looks. I am planning to get HT done in next few weeks to achieve higher hair density in the front but I want to get realistic idea as far as how bad it currently is. Thanks in advance for your valuable feedback

6711025342_547B203219EA1F7DB5AEDC927B0EBE9E.JPG.thumb

Hi

Please let me know how bad my front hairline looks. I am planning to get HT done in next few weeks to achieve higher hair density in the front but I want to get realistic idea as far as how bad it currently is. Thanks in advance for your valuable feedback

6711025342_547B203219EA1F7DB5AEDC927B0EBE9E.JPG.thumb

Thanks for your feedback. Here is my weblog that has all the information. Thanks again for your valuable feedback

WebLOG

Originally posted by s.a.f:

Its not so bad, more information would be useful. Have you had any work done before, are you still receding/thinning, how old are you, has the hairloss happened quickly or over many years.

Kev-- If you have had 2700 grafts placed already and this is the result, you need to stop and take a breath for a moment and think about what you are doing. After that many grafts your hairline should be less thin, or a little higher so it does not appear so thin. I honestly do not know what to say, except you need to send some detailed photos to Shapiro medical or H&W, to discuss some long term goals and a game plan. I strongly urge you to cancel your appt and really do some research. Start with these two clinics and work from there.

BTW who is your doctor and how old are you now?

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Bspot has a point.............for a total of 2700 grafts, you're still pretty thin in the front. Maybe you could provide a few details as to graft placement for the procedures. It's hard to tell, but it seems you might have some mild pitting in the front?? Looking at your Web Blog, the profile pic, your hairline is pretty low............something you'll want to keep in mind to plan for any future loss. I would also like to know your age?

I also recommend the Doc's Bspot mentioned, along with the other Coalition members recommended by this site. Do some serious research and consult with qualified surgeons to help you devise a reasonable plan of attack.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

B Spot , Hairbank

Thanks for your valuable feedback guys. I am nearly 32 Years old and have had previous transplants in frontal area. I agree that the harline does look thin because the density is very low. Unfortunately I did not know about HTN before , but atleast I am glad that I know about this now and am able to get feedback from your guys. I talked to Dr Alexander -of Biltmoresurgical in phoenix-today and he mentioned that I need 2000 FUTs. As per your recommendation I will set up a phone consultation with H&W and Dr Keene and let you know of what they say .....

Thanks

Kevin

Hi Kevin1234

I would also advise that you also have a consultation with Ron Shapiro, he is regarded as one of (if not) the best in the world for hairlines.

I had my HT with him yesterday and so far am extremely satisfied with my new hairline and my procedure overall. I also needed to add more density. He was meticulaous and used the best equipment available (10x maginification) with his density placement and even though I only had a small number of grafts (1344) my procedure ended taking an extra couple of hours than normal because of his dedication.

The thing I appreciate the most is that he really takes your future into account, and will let you know what you will be able to achieve in future with the donor hair that you have left should you hair loss progress further. With the new hairline that I wanted he said that it was possible but if I progressed to a NW6 than I would probably need to have some laser hair removal to bring it back and look natural. In the end we agreed on a hairline that we were both confident with and one that I could maintain in future with the donor supply I have left. So I ended up being very happy!

1344 grafts with Ron Shapiro - June 2006

Kevin, Alexander is fantastic, as well are these other docs. He might not get as much attention on here but does excellent work. I had two previous HT's before my last one with Alexander. You can look at my weblog for a before pic, I was much thinner than you were, and that was after two HT's! He did a fantastic job in dense packing the front and filling it in great! Have my next HT with him next friday for the midscalp and crown area. Go ahead and call the other docs, see which one you are most comfortable with for sure, but Dr. Alexander uses all the newest techniques as well, and is up there with the other docs. There are plenty of great docs on here, you need to find who you are most comfortable with. There are more people on here who have had HT's with Shapiro and H&W, and have had excellent results, but they are not the only two docs that do excellent work.

tkerr22,

You raise an interesting point. After talking to SMG from what seems like hours he did mention a a couple of other doctors he regards as excellent but I dont recall every hearing about before.

Just goes to show that although there are very many poor doctors that you have to be careful of but there are also a few other excellent doctors that dont get a mention. The only way to find out is to inspect their results especially in person.

1344 grafts with Ron Shapiro - June 2006