U.S. vs. Canadian $$$

Greetings all. As if there is not enough to consider about a hair procedure, I have been pondering something else. This is something that many hair veterans, and perhaps some market savy folks are probably aware of, but I have not seen posted in this forum. As regular readers here know, many doctors north of the U.S are rapidly increasing their ranks amongst the hair reshuffeling elite. The many testimonials from their satisfied clientele attest to the practicality of a little extra travel. With this said, some of these clinics mention the fact that their prices are in Canadian dollars as extra incentive. As mentioned, I had considered this and took the time to calculate just what I might pay for my procedure. I searched the exchange rates, did the math and made note of it. Later it dawned on me that those rates are not static. Sure enough, just three months later the rate of the U.S. dollar went from a value of about 1.16 Canadian to 1.07 Canadian. This may not seem like much, but when I worked out the cost of a 2000 f.u. procedure at $4.00 per f.u., there was a $560.00 difference between the two rates, in just three months time. If you are considering a larger procedure of perhaps 3500+, the difference is about $1000.00. Therefore, I conclude that if you are from the U.S. and are considering going north for some hairwork, you may want to do a little dollar trading in advance when rates are favorable. I would recommend having your procedure when rates are favorable, but as you know most reputable doc.s don't work on a moments notice. All the best.

Occams R.

Greetings all. As if there is not enough to consider about a hair procedure, I have been pondering something else. This is something that many hair veterans, and perhaps some market savy folks are probably aware of, but I have not seen posted in this forum. As regular readers here know, many doctors north of the U.S are rapidly increasing their ranks amongst the hair reshuffeling elite. The many testimonials from their satisfied clientele attest to the practicality of a little extra travel. With this said, some of these clinics mention the fact that their prices are in Canadian dollars as extra incentive. As mentioned, I had considered this and took the time to calculate just what I might pay for my procedure. I searched the exchange rates, did the math and made note of it. Later it dawned on me that those rates are not static. Sure enough, just three months later the rate of the U.S. dollar went from a value of about 1.16 Canadian to 1.07 Canadian. This may not seem like much, but when I worked out the cost of a 2000 f.u. procedure at $4.00 per f.u., there was a $560.00 difference between the two rates, in just three months time. If you are considering a larger procedure of perhaps 3500+, the difference is about $1000.00. Therefore, I conclude that if you are from the U.S. and are considering going north for some hairwork, you may want to do a little dollar trading in advance when rates are favorable. I would recommend having your procedure when rates are favorable, but as you know most reputable doc.s don't work on a moments notice. All the best.

Occams R.

thanx dude

this was really a good post.

1.25mg finasteride

drugstore.com 100 pills $225

quarter them

5% rogaine foam

samsclub $50 4 month supply

vanity my downfall

good advice,

here's a bit more, if you want the best rates pay by credit card, you get a higher exchange rate and pay less commession if any. Even if you have the cash in hand lodge it into your credit card account and pay with your card, thats the way i i did it and saved a few bucks.

IH

HT2 2570 grafts Dr Feller

HT 2350 grafts Dr Epstein

Finax 1mg per day

nizoral 2% 3/week

MSM 3000 mg / day

TOTAL GRAFTS 4920

http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums?a=albumtopic&TOPIC_OID=6751014913&f=2566060861

what's all this about? I had my HT in Van Couver and paid using a Visa debit card right out of my checking account. $15.7K; no exchange rate or anything was ever mentioned or showed on my acct statement. did I lose?

You may want to check on it but I believe the price H/W quoted me was in U.S. Dollars. No messing with the exchange rate.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.