Live Chat Summary of 2/20/2008

Hello everyone,

The Hair Transplant Network is the only community that hosts a regularly scheduled Live Help/Chat session for discussion forum members.

Hair loss sufferers and hair restoration physicians alike have been drawn from all over the world to participate.

I strongly encourage any guest or member reading this to join the party every other Wednesday night at 9:00pm Eastern Standard Time (GMT-5:00).

There is no better opportunity on the web to receive instant answers to your hair restoration questions by experienced veterans and medical professionals!

It's also a great opportunity for some light hearted fun and humor!

More information about how to use live chat and/or register in our community can be found on this sticky thread.

Live Chat Summary of 2/20/2008

Thank you to all the members of our community (physicians and seeking patients) who participated in our live chat. It was quite lively and full of vivacious discussion.

A special thanks goes out to Dr. Charles for contributing your expert medical advice on so many topics!

The following members attended our live chat

1. Trimox

2. venkat_1980

3. super8mm

4. jddidt

5. vern

6. thanatopsis_awry

7. Dr. Glenn Charles

8. JoTronic

9. djdennis

10. Bill

11. Dewayne

12. notgoing2gobald

13. Please Grow Please

14. nobuzz4me

15. Janna

If you attended the live chat session and your name is not included on the list - please respond on this thread and I will add you.

Some of the following hot topics were discussed and questions answered include:

1. Will going on and off Propecia increase hair loss?

2. when will FUE be the industry standard?

3. is Provillus an effective hair loss treatment?

4. Where can I buy Revita and Rogaine?

5. Is Rogaine an effective hair loss treatment for the hairline?

6. is Rogaine Foam or Liquid Better?

7. How do you minimize the risk of a stretched donor scar?

Your Suggestions/Ideas Wanted

Because it is the members of this community that makes this live help/chat feature work, we are always looking for realistic and practical suggestions to make our chat feature even more enjoyable and beneficial for our attendees.

I encourage you to provide any suggestions that you think might be helpful on this thread.

Be sure to tune in Wednesday 3/5/2008 at 9:00pm EST for our next live chat session!

Best wishes,

Bill

Possibly when Dr. Armani actually shows several cases where the yield is 98% or greater and you are not having to transplant 5000 grafts for a 3000fu job.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

I haven't done a tremendous amount of research on FUE, but after reading Feller's explanation of it's benefits/limits, it seems it will NEVER be an industry STANDARD as it requires a certain type of skin characteristic in order to achieve an optimal yield. I have no idea what % of men actually are good candidates, but there is no doubt it will not replace strip for this reason alone in my mind.

I certainly could post the transcript. I had requests to do that before but honestly, it's a bit congested and hard to follow.

Live chat isn't quite like a forum thread where questions and answers are neatly organized.

People talk at the same time and sometimes over each other. Don't get me wrong, it's a lot of fun, but it's fast paced and it's easy to miss an answer.

Instead of posting the transcript, I'd strongly recommend getting involved in the chat and try it for yourself icon_smile.gif

Bill

Speaking for Bill,

The transcript would be like trying to follow 6 conversations at the same time. While in the chat, if you don't type fast, you get left in the dust. There is a lot of joking around so if you like fun join us.

NoBuzz