when to wash hair?

j123

I'm a 20 year old collage student and have recently started using rogaine foam twice a day. I was using the liquid for a short time before this but found it was irritating my scalp, which thankfully the foam doesn't do. When I was reading things online I saw a few things saying that the best results are putting it on soon after showering.

In general I put the rogaine on in the morning, approximately 11am, take a shower around 5 or 6pm, and then put it on again around 11pm or midnight and go to sleep about 30 minutes after. I was wondering if this routine is okay or if, as I read, i could expect "better" results if i took the shower and then put the rogaine on. I was also curious on how missing a shower affected the process and how serious waiting only 30 minutes before going to bed is. Also, I tend to take long showers, about 45 minutes to an hour and was wondering if that negatively impacted it.

Thank in advance

j123,

Given that you're waiting a good solid 6 hours to shower after applying minoxidil, you should be just fine. Optimally, it may be better to shower in the morning, apply the minoxidil after a good towel dry, apply it again at night, and then shower again in the morning.

But since the minoxidil has plenty of time to absorb given your shower is between applications, I highly doubt there would be any difference.

Best wishes,

Bill

HI Bill,

This is what I do..

apply 1 ml just after morning shower and then go to work.

apply 1 ml just after evening shower after coming back from work.

I take 2 showers as I was informed that scalp should be clean before application.

Regards,

Sandip

I agree with Bill as long as there is a solid few hours of absorbtion time then i dont think changing your routine would show much improved result.

Im curious though. I keep to a routine of washing my hair every 2 days as directed by my doctor i feel that that is the correct line between not washing your hair and washing your hair too much. Something to consider

Regards,

Irish

Current Regime:

Minox liquid 5% twice a day

Proscar 1/4 tab a day

Nizoral every 2nd day

MSM 1000mg a day

Silica 200mg a day

AHS 6 months laser treatment- POOR results

Crescina - no results

IRISH