Help me chose a doctor!!!

I am 22 years of age and just visited dr. saporin.. he seems great! I have also visited ziering and mcandrews... I seem to like saporin the most; he is defnitely the most compassionate and personable. I am also considering giving dr. meshkin a visit.. do any of you guys have any suggestions..

Can i have feedback from saporin or meshkin patients??

Also anyone else's opinion is greatly valued.

I am 22 years of age and just visited dr. saporin.. he seems great! I have also visited ziering and mcandrews... I seem to like saporin the most; he is defnitely the most compassionate and personable. I am also considering giving dr. meshkin a visit.. do any of you guys have any suggestions..

Can i have feedback from saporin or meshkin patients??

Also anyone else's opinion is greatly valued.

Mahillakton,

Before even discussing physicians, can you tell us a little bit more about your hair loss condition?

Young hair loss sufferers typically aren't good hair transplant candidates for a number of reasons.

See:

Am I Too Young for a Hair Transplant for more information.

For starters, what level of hair loss are you according to the norwood scale? Are you on any hair loss medication currently?

Thanks,

Bill

I was on propecia for 2 years but I had libido problems so i stopped the use of them 1 year ago. While on propecia I was seeing great results.. After visiting physicians over the last 2 months I have again started to take propecia because of what they say are placebo effects.

I was using rogaine a few years back but it irritated my scalp. I have been on rogaine foam for 2 months now and using it continuously.

I am pretty set on gettin an HT even though it might now be the best time for me right now... image is everything and even if it means having to get another HT in the future.. Ill do it.

I am very open to criticism and suggestions..

A key concern with getting an HT at a youngish age isn't so much the need for a future procedure (though that is something you should be prepared to do), so much as it is a question of properly applying your finite donor supply; this is why it is of the utmost importance to strategically use your grafts and not use an excessive amount on some low, bold, densepacked hairline.

As you can see, I'm 22 and got a HT, so I am not saying you can't -- or even advocating that you shouldn't. I would try to post some more pics if you can, from different views so we can get a better sense of your type and extent of loss.

Whatever you do, don't rush into the HT until you really do understand what it entails, its recovery, expected results, long-term implications, etc.!

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Hi, I recommend you do some research on FUE.

I would not recommend a HT for you at this time, but, because I understand the reality of wanting to look and feel better, I think FUE is your best bet.

You need some density and to re-establish an appropriate hairline--- maybe 1500 grafts.

I really believe that by not getting a strip scar at an early age, it gives you options in the future---(namely finances/buzzing it short) and most men in their early 20's do not fully understand the ramifications of strip surgery.

Anyway, good luck with your search!

Take Care,

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

If you are 22 I would not get a HT yet.. Try some other options like rogaine, Revita, and maybe propecia every other day.. Maybe some concealer as well?

22 is very young!

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

mahil,

I'm glad to hear that you are on Propecia and Rogaine Foam. Give the Rogaine foam some time to see how it works for you now being combined with Propecia.

You have minimal hair loss and are young so you are not a good candidate for a hair transplant at this point. In fact, many people would care to have as much hair as you right now.

I know that's not real encouraging because just starting to lose your hair can be real discouraging. But, hair transplantation is far from a cure for hair loss and with a finite donor supply and the unpredictability of future hair loss, one must plan conservatively and wisely.

Give the medication some time to see how it helps and in a few years reconsider hair transplant surgery.

Bill