Nioxin question

I have seen a few posts on shampoos and have decided I am going to try one.

Is Nioxin still considered a good product? I have seen a lot of posts on Revita and Nizoral. Are these considered better than Nioxin? If so where is the best place to get them and about how much do they cost?

I will be using the Pantene Full and Thick conditioner along with whichever shampoo I decide to use. Thanks for any response and opinions you guys have.

Revita and Nizoral contain an ingredient which hav show some marginal positive effects on hairloss. This is why we like it . Revita has all of other stuff too and leave hair looking full

Nioxin is more of a cleaner and good shampoo

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Originally posted by Mrjb:

Revita and Nizoral contain an ingredient which hav show some marginal positive effects on hairloss. This is why we like it . Revita has all of other stuff too and leave hair looking full

Nioxin is more of a cleaner and good shampoo

If Nioxin is more of a cleaner, would it be a good idea to use Nioxin first to clean the scalp and then revita? Or maybe use Nioxin once every couple of days? I have seen a few posts on here where people say they use a different shampoo at the gym. Sorry if these questions seem a little dumb, I am not well informed on this stuff.

Also, where is the best place to get Revita? Can you buy it in stores or do you have to get it online?

My bad

Both are cleaners , but Revita has more active ingredients which has some positive (marginal)effects. I just like the Revita product better for hairloss & cosmetically

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

• 2 weeks later...

I have been using the Revita for a little bit now and have been very impressed with it so far. Obviously not with hair regrowth yet, but just in general as a shampoo. It is a little bit more expensive, but not too bad. I have not had any irritaion problems or anything like that. It lathers pretty well, especially the second time, so that you don't have to use to much each time you shower. I am glad I saw people from this board recommend it, otherwise I probably wouldn't have ever heard about it.

No doubt it is the best shampoo I have tried

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

This is certainly one topic that Mrjb and I agree on. Another great inexpensive shampoo is shen min--Vitalize. It is a great daily shampoo with nothing to harm or add to hair.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

• 2 months later...

I like Nixoin and used it for a a year or so after HT #2 but have now switched to a basic thickening shampoo/conditioner. I do believe Nixoin is great stuff and will provide optimum growth conditions on your scalp and give you healthy hair. I don't know much about Revita but may give it a try sometime. What do you like about it?

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Hurley2013, Just to let you know about the ingredient Ketokonazole, which is talked about in marginally fighting hair loss. It is in 1% strength in both Revita and Nizoral, but Nizoral does make a 2% formula that can be bought through a prescription.