HAIR SHOCKLOSS-question for falceros

Hey Bill,

How goes it buddy? So i decided to proceed with dr.epstein in february. Nervous as all hell

hes gonna do about 3000 grafts. mostly frontal,300 around crown. I guess im real nervous about the shock loss of native hairs.Can it be very extreme? Like will my frontal hairs all fall out?.When and if do they grow back.Id hate to lose any native hairs Dr. epstein seems to feel confident that they won't fall out.

im nervous about this but want to to do it.

also what is best..the aloe for scabs.and will they come off automatically and after how many weeks?

thanx bro

shmutzydawg

Schmutzdawg,

It's good to hear from you. Congratulations on your decision to undergo hair transplant surgery with Dr. Epstein.

Shock loss is always a risk when hair is transplanted in and around natural hairs. Unfortunately, it is not predictable as to whether or not you will experience a little or a lot, or if at all because a lot of this depends on the patient's physiology. However, with the use of minimally invasive surgical tools, the risk of shock loss is minimized.

Hairs that are temporarily shocked typically start growing back around the same time transplanted hair starts to grow which is typically between 3 and 5 months.

It is important that you follow the immediately postoperative instructions that Dr. Epstein provides. I personally used Aloe as an aid to soothe my skin after the scabs were mostly removed. Some hair restoration physicians recommend oils such as emu oil to help soften the crusts.

Though this should not be a replacement for your physician's instructions, I used a similar procedure to the one listed here for washing my hair and removing the scabs post-op.

Best wishes,

Bill

Shockloss can be temporary or permanent, depending on the strength of those native hairs. If they are weak/minitiarized and were gonna die soon anyway, then they may not grow back. however, if your doctor feels they are strong then you should be okay. best of luck with your surgery.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com