why has the feller thread been deleted ???

peanut

Peanut,

As Eman said, the thread was must moved to the proper forum "Hair Restoration Results Posted by Patients". You can find the thread by clicking here.

I want to add that threads are moved all the time to their proper location, yet I only ever see concerns like this posted when the moved thread was controversial. May I remind members to comb the forum to look for threads in their appropriate places before assuming we've removed something.

Additionally, it would be far better if people contact me privately and ask rather than start a thread that has the potential to cause unnecessary uproar.

Best regards,

Bill

Originally posted by Bill - Associate Publisher:

Peanut,

As Eman said, the thread was must moved to the proper forum "Hair Restoration Results Posted by Patients". You can find the thread by clicking here.

I want to add that threads are moved all the time to their proper location, yet I only ever see concerns like this posted when the moved thread was controversial. May I remind members to comb the forum to look for threads in their appropriate places before assuming we've removed something.

Additionally, it would be far better if people contact me privately and ask rather than start a thread that has the potential to cause unnecessary uproar.

Best regards,

Bill

i dont think an "uproar" was caused in any way shape or form... it was a legit question from a poster who had been following a particular thread in a particular section and all of a sudden i was not there anymore... perfectly understandable question he asked.....

i also think its unfair to attempt do guess what peanut was "assuming" simply because he asked a very straight foward question....

but hey.. thats just my takeicon_wink.gif

*** RESULTS WILL 100%, without a DOUBT, VARY***

Swagger,

I think you ought to read my words more carefully since I never said an uproar was caused. I said the potential was there - and the potential is there because of how it was phrased. Allow me to explain.

I don't think the question was legitimate, nor was it understandable to ask it in such a fashion.

Firstly, Peanut is a brand new poster who joined today simply to post his assumption based question. Had this thread been about something favorable about an unknown doctor, you'd be the first one skeptical that he's probably a shill.

Secondly, I didn't have to guess that he made an assumption - the false assumption is staring us in the face. He didn't ask where the thread went, he asked why it was deleted, hence the assumption that we removed it.

Anyway, there is a featured thread about Creating Threads in the Right Forum specifically to address these types of cases.

Anyway, it's all completely moot since the thread was never removed in the first place. However, it seems pretty obvious why I'd be skeptical of a brand new poster creating a topic asking a question based on his false assumption rather than giving this community the benefit of the doubt and posing it more neutrally.

But hey...that's just my take icon_wink.gif

Bill

I think this thread has no purpose and should be deleted...the feller thread is not deleted it was moved i also wondered what happened but it just took me two clicks of the mouse to find it after i remembered that Bill said it will be moved to another section.

Just my take

should we believe everything?

Originally posted by Bill - Associate Publisher:

Swagger,

I think you ought to read my words more carefully since I never said an uproar was caused. I said the potential was there - and the potential is there because of how it was phrased. Allow me to explain.

I don't think the question was legitimate, nor was it understandable to ask it in such a fashion.

Firstly, Peanut is a brand new poster who joined today simply to post his assumption based question. Had this thread been about something favorable about an unknown doctor, you'd be the first one skeptical that he's probably a shill.

Secondly, I didn't have to guess that he made an assumption - the false assumption is staring us in the face. He didn't ask where the thread went, he asked why it was deleted, hence the assumption that we removed it.

Anyway, there is a featured thread about Creating Threads in the Right Forum specifically to address these types of cases.

Anyway, it's all completely moot since the thread was never removed in the first place. However, it seems pretty obvious why I'd be skeptical of a brand new poster creating a topic asking a question based on his false assumption rather than giving this community the benefit of the doubt and posing it more neutrally.

But hey...that's just my take icon_wink.gif

Bill

hair loss forums are rife with paranoia - from the potential patients fearing they are going to be butchered to the regular posters - and indeed sometimes even the moderators - assuming that every new poster is a shill and has some agenda .

given this fact - and you all know this is true - is it any wonder that i assumed that the thread had been deleted ?

havent we seen this happen so many times on the hair loss forums over the years to automatically think that when something isnt where it was that its been removed because pressure was put on someone by someone else who didnt like it ?

honestly , i could care less if you think i'm a shill or not .

the only reason i posted ( for me , a rare occurence indeed ) is that threads like this are extremely important to all hair loss forums because they help to present a balanced picture of the risks associated with such a procedure , and are all too rare .

we all know that most complaints go unreported publicly for various reasons and i was dismayed to think that this had happened here .

if i caused uproar , then i apologise - but please dont demonise and slander me for asking the question .

Peanut,

Frankly, I'm glad to see that you responded.

I can understand your skepticism and I do agree that allowing patients to share less than favorable experiences and photos on this forum is just as important as allowing the positive ones.

Honestly, keeping the forum open to all genuine experiences is the only way our members and guests can obtain all the important information showing not only the benefits, but the risks and limitations that go along with surgical hair restoration. Failing to allow genuine experiences would cause the forums to become a ground for promotional proganda rather than a true educational and support community. Sadly, this has happened on other forums.

Our mission of running this forum is to make and keep it a true educational and support community, giving patients the opportunity to share their genuine opinions and experiences including the good, the bad, and the ugly.

It's this transparency and public accountability that has caused doctors to sue us. See Dr. Straub Lawsuit Against the Hair Transplant Network.

However, we will never jeapordize or compromise our high standards for our recommendations, nor will we relinquish this community's right to genuine free speech.

Best wishes,

Bill

Originally posted by Ceasar08:

I'm waiting for Bill to delete this thread and then for someone to pop up with the inevitable:

"Why was the thread about the deleted Feller thread deleted?" thread.

It never ends.

Did you have to say something quite that funny Ceasar08? I have now sprayed coffee over my laptop!

17 Feb 09 - 3,200 FUs by strip surgery (Dr Feller)

My Hair Loss Website