ISHRS (doctor being a member mean anything?)

Does a doctor being a member of this mean jack crap?

I noticed one of the main 2009 committee members is Kennith J. Washenik who is the main doctor douchebag on all the Bosley commercials. He is also the medical director at Bosley.

Does a doctor being a member of this mean jack crap?

I noticed one of the main 2009 committee members is Kennith J. Washenik who is the main doctor douchebag on all the Bosley commercials. He is also the medical director at Bosley.

My first surgeon was affiliated with this organization. I wasn't butchered, but repair work was/is still necessary. He is a very competent plastic surgeon, but had no business performing hair transplantation, and has since stopped offering it at his practice. So I'd argue that the criteria for membership isn't too stringent based on my experience.

-------

All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my My Hair Loss Website

Doesn't hold much salt. Being ISHRS would never really factor into my decision making in considering a doctor.

The Coalition is pretty much the creme de la creme of "organizations" that maintain an upwards trend of excellence while always keeping an eye out on potential applicants. ISHRS is often just smoke and mirrors for hacks to pump themselves up.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Vincehair,

I know your intentions are good. However, we do not host any links that reference Spencer Kobren's websites which includes his IAHRS. There are a number of reasons for this however, to refrain from stirring unnecessary controversy, I won't go into it here.

Thanks for understanding,

Bill

Originally posted by vincehair:

p.s. Hey Thana shouldnt you be out enjoying your new mop of hair instead of being on the comp 24/7 talking to a bunch of baldies!? icon_razz.gif

How would I jack up my post count to 2k+ territory if I went and did that?!? icon_smile.gif

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Bill,i had no idea you guys have a prob with Spencer Kobren. Must have missed that info on here.

I noticed that list is almost all Coalition docs tho?

Oh well whatever. Too much drama in the Ht world.

Doesn't hold much salt. Being ISHRS would never really factor into my decision making in considering a doctor.

The Coalition is pretty much the creme de la creme of "organizations" that maintain an upwards trend of excellence while always keeping an eye out on potential applicants. ISHRS is often just smoke and mirrors for hacks to pump themselves up.

I agree with Thana: I weight my decision more on the Coalition membership than anything else.

I am not a doctor. The opinions and comments are of my own.

HT with Dr. Cooley on Nov 20, 2008

2097 grafts, 3957 hairs

Proscar, 1.25 mg daily, skip the 5th day, started Nov 2007

My Hair Loss Blog - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley