Hi Guys

I am thinking about going in for a FUE HT. Although I have many concerns, my current one is this.

REDNESS!

I am middle eastern, so i have a fairly light complexion. However, I shave my head completely, with a razor. I plan to take a month off from work. I wonder if I can tan my head, to reduce the appearance of redness.

ANY SOLUTIONS WILL HELP! Any guidance at all please. I have considered the following:

1. Tanning

2. Neosporin on recipient after the HT

3. Tea-tree oil???

4. Lotion

What do you guys think!!!

Hi Guys

I am thinking about going in for a FUE HT. Although I have many concerns, my current one is this.

REDNESS!

I am middle eastern, so i have a fairly light complexion. However, I shave my head completely, with a razor. I plan to take a month off from work. I wonder if I can tan my head, to reduce the appearance of redness.

ANY SOLUTIONS WILL HELP! Any guidance at all please. I have considered the following:

1. Tanning

2. Neosporin on recipient after the HT

3. Tea-tree oil???

4. Lotion

What do you guys think!!!

You're not supposed to expose your scalp to direct sunlight for the couple of weeks immediately following the procedure (read, no tanning). You can, however, after about a week, use cosmetic products that match your skin-tone to cover up any redness.

Also, you're not supposed to put anything on the recipient areas right after the surgery; you shouldn't even really touch it a lot for about a week.

savemylife,

Actually, getting a slight tan may reduce the appearance of redness. Try to avoid burning though, even before surgery.

Postoperative extended redness varies on a number of factors including physiological ones, dense packing, size of the incisions being made, etc.

Though I'm not sure if Aloe Vera helps with extended redness, it works wonders in soothing the scalp. But don't start applying it until after the grafts are set after 9-10 days.

Best wishes,

Bill

Just dont bother tanning its not worth the risk, the rays from the sun do not do the skin any good apart from 20 mins in the sun to up your vitamin D levels, but realy if any area is trying to heal its best to keep that area out of the sun, you could take a natural anti inflammatory product such as NEW CHAPTER ZYFLAMEND its realy good for reduced redness and blochiness of the skin and you can get hold of it quite easy, i used to use it when i suffered from inflamation due to acne in the past and worked wonders, having acne actualy made me know quite alot about the skin and its healing although i always try to learn more by asking questions like you have, personly i am very light skinned also i live in the U.K i had 2500 Grafts arround my NW1 NW2 areas and i would certainly not give yourself 1 month to heal atall as i am 4 months and still a little red. there is too much money going into what your having done so not worth risking anything silly like tanning, also tanning thickens up the skin and makes it harder for the doc to make your recipiant sites so all in all it might be worse becuase the doc might have to use more force to make the sites causing more trama to the area, Best advice i could give you is if you decide to have it done is go to google type in ''skin foods'' and follow a diet witch includes as many of those skin helping foods as possible. also there is a good copper peptide product aswell thats made to help speed up HT healing im sure someone will post after me and tell you what its called i know its a little expensive. or follow the coverup route like CuriousJungleGeorge said, i actualy told people i had a scalp infection due to working with some harsh chemicles doing some DIY and never told anyone i had HT and everyone belived me. just remember SLOW AND STEADY WINS THE RACE there isnt any shortcuts but with what i have said above will help asmuch as possible, all you may even me one of those people who heals super fast as some people heal with a couple weeks and others like me dont, it all depends on the number of grafts also. icon_wink.gif

Dr A. Armani 2500 Fue

Dec 2008

Proscar X1 Day

Monixodil X2 Day

Msm Daily