H+ FUE Technique from Cosmetic Medical Group

TNTKHAN

Guys,

I am going in for the H+ FUE procedure at the Cosmetic Medical Group in Ireland.

Has anyone had any experience of them?

I have booked up not knowing a forum like this existed. Stupidly I thought I was on my own!

I visited the rep in London, who told me that their theatres in London are being refitted, and the offered me a discount if i go to Ireland (Dublin)

2550 FUE grafts @ ??4800

Thoughts?

I would not risk going to an unknown clinic where you dont know who the doctor is and see only a sales rep,reminds me of those greek clinics or coneyer belts.Price seems quite cheap for that amount via FUE but it should not be about price because you only got one load of donor hair. If their doctor doesnt have any grown out results and lots of satisfied customers posting on these (which i bet he doesnt) forums dont bother with them,too high a risk you could get a messed up donor and poor growth.Good job you found the forum as you need to research more on who is best to see for FUE and I can tell you for Europe you should head to Belgium where there is BHR clinic among others doing great FUE,there are no proficent

docs in Ireland or The U.K for FUE.I would cancel if I was you and take your time.Remember it doesnt matter how nice the rep or doctor is to you and how good they sound,its the result that counts.

HT 2006/7

Glad you found this site. First and foremost, CANCEL Immediately!!

Now, begin the process of using this site for its intended purpose...Research!

Read threads, review the recommended doctors, ask a ton of questions, look at people's pictures/results, and get a real understanding about hair transplants. We are all here to help and most are current and past patients of many different docs and are NOT paid.

Just so you know, you have limited donor and not many chances to get it (a hair transplant) right. A wrong decision now will ultimately end in heartache and a future filled with repairs, $$$'s spent, and emotional distress.

I hope you understand my urgency in you cancelling the procedure, sticking around here and researching and making a knowledgeable decision in the future.

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

When I had my first HT research options were limited, however I chose one of the best HT Doc's at that time, all I was shown were some Polaroids, which looked great,

I have regretted it ever since.

Take advantage of forums like this and go with a physician that keeps showing excellent results.

If you lose a deposit??¦so be it.

Welcome to this forum. You got some very good advice the other members.

I would also advise that you do a thorough search on FUE technic, which so far, had delivered inconsistent results. The FUE yield is horrible, when compared to strip HT. Due to the number of grafts you require, I would not recommend FUE. Please add some pics of you so we can give you some more recommendations.

I am not a doctor. The opinions and comments are of my own.

HT with Dr. Cooley on Nov 20, 2008

2097 grafts, 3957 hairs

Proscar, 1.25 mg daily, skip the 5th day, started Nov 2007

My Hair Loss Blog - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

This description of their hair transplant surgery is right off their website:

"Invasive surgical tools are not required ??“ the follicles are effectively 'injected' into place ??“ so scarring of the scalp is avoided."

http://www.cosmeticmedicalgrou.../hplus_procedure.htm

Feller Medical, PC

Great Neck, NY

516-487-3797

I have to admit: that site looks good! It has a good marketing mind behind it. That being said, if this doctor has no problem bending the truths like this, I wonder what else is he bending...that include photos of result and testimonials.

I can't believe all the BS it included: such as laser comb, growth hormone for hair, vitamin...all non-proven method to improve hair growth.

Conclusion: I would run away from cosmeticmedicalgroup.

I am not a doctor. The opinions and comments are of my own.

HT with Dr. Cooley on Nov 20, 2008

2097 grafts, 3957 hairs

Proscar, 1.25 mg daily, skip the 5th day, started Nov 2007

My Hair Loss Blog - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

I don't know the laws and regulations in Ireland, but if a New York doctor posted what that clinic does on their website, they would be flagged by the medical authority and their license would likely be suspended until the misleading and factually incorrect statements were removed.

The question is what would motivate any clinic to write such hyperbole on their website? To my mind it's either to gain an unfair and unjustified competative edge, or it was written by a non-doctor who doesn't realize they have crossed the line.

Either way it isn't good and it should be stopped.

Hey TNTKHAN,

Welcome to the forum, you found it in the nick of time just like I did. I also believed I was the only one out there who was considering a hair transplant, and shelled out ?‚¬1000 to book a surgery with an Irish doctor whose results and reputation were VERY questionable as I discovered when I saw photos of one of his former (very unhappy) patients on this forum. I lost my deposit but hey, it's only money, that can be replaced, your donor supply CAN'T! Don't be sucked in by fancy websites who promise you the world with outstanding 'before and after' pics (photoshop can transform any bald man in a picture). And never accept a doctor's/clinic's claims until you have done your homework on them. There ARE unfortunately a lot of shysters out there who give the industry a bad name, however the doctor's recommended on this forum who are also listed on The Coalition are there thanks to thorough research and consistently good results. If you're considering having surgery in the UK, from the research I have done thus far then Dr. B. Farjo and Dr. N. Farjo are the ONLY doctors to consider, they're based in Manchester. A few of their patients post on here and one in particular, 'Balody', had a great transplant done with them. Otherwise, I would say go to the States (as I plan to do) or Canada, as Ireland and the UK (with the exception of Drs. B & N Farjo) are not up to the same standard. I'm only on here a month, but what I have learned from the guys on here has been phenomenal. As Spex says: 'RESEARCH! RESEARCH! RESEARCH!' Best of luck mate.

G

• 1 month later...

Guys,

I have been a total A55 about this. I usually research things to the nth degree. Since I didn't see any replies back, I went for the surgery at CMG.

I can post before and after pictures.

The minus points were my donor area looks like a bomb site (a little over fished as I had very sparse hair to begin with) and surgery itself was quite painful. I have to hastily add that I have a very high threshold for pain being the most inept DIY person on planet earth!

The plus point are, two months on and the grafts don't seem to have taken. I would say 1000 took to the scalp, out of a possible 2500. I am using minoxidil and even bought myself a hairmax light comb. Its early days yet. Though looking at the before and after pictures, I feel the minoxodil has more to do with the regrowth than anything else! Yeah...those are the plus points!

I should have stuck with the minoxodil 5 years back, but experience some systemic absorption of it, and it made hair grow all over as well as the head!

This part you can laugh out loud at, I did this because of a girl. Which I didnt stand a chance with anyway! I know! I know! I feel like a prize d1ck. But wanna thank you guys for replying back. Research is the name of the game. I am going back to my cave now, back on the internet, looking for a baseball cap.

Love and moistness!

icon_smile.gif

TNT

Dia Dhuit

Hi I'm from Ireland and just had work done by the Farjos on Wednesday 29 April 2009

They do v good work and I'm very excited about what the results will be like. You have to do loads of research on surgeons as you could be wasting your money. My photo's will be uploaded shortly.

If you want any further info then just ask.

In short in my opinion best in USA Shapiro / Feller / Hasson and Wong.

Best over here Farjos by a country mile.

Have a look at Brian Beacoms book Diary of a Hair Transplant of what to expect

Slainte

• 8 months later...

After six months my hair is looking much better....so I went for round two at CMG...I am about 40 days in after the second procedure and it is looking ok.

My hair was quite sparse to begin with, so I was not expecting too much...the trouble is everyone is different, and its hard to know whether things have gone well, good, or just meh!

...because I have always shaved my head down, and between procedures, nobody has twigged that I got the procedures done...and I have had quite a few compliments....I have pics...dunno where I can post them...but would be interested to know what you guys think...as people who could comment honestly.

On the whole I am happy with CMG...and its gone how I expected it to go...apart from my initial shock horror and I guess unrealistic expectations after a month!