7 1/2 month post op photos from 1609 procedure by Dr. Rose @ Shapiro Medical

i think your HT looks good, dude. i think you should keep it at the length you used to have to really look great.

happy growing.

630 FUT - 8/27/03

2200 FUT - 5/20/05

2000 FUT - 12/15/07

"i haven't been this bald since.... well... since I was born!"

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great stuff. I love seeing results like that. Get/stay on the propecia and you may be done for a while or for good. (Does propeica have instances of flat-out stopping hairloss in the long-term?) Wish I had what you had to start off with, I got a couple more procedures in the future.

• 3 weeks later...

Justin, I'm thinking of using Rose...met with him 2years ago, decided to hold off, but Propecia and then Avordart lost their punch with me...I'm a NW II/III, about where you were....are youstill happy? How's the close up of the hairline? That's where I'll need the most help- front and temples

• 2 weeks later...

Howard,

Please feel free to call me. My number is [edited by forum moderator]. I am more than willing to help anyone with questions regarding a procedure and my decision to go with Dr. Rose @ SMG.

Justin...

(just a reminder, guys: this is a very public forum that the public does have access to. I removed your number for just that reason, Justin. Why not use the "private messaging" feature to shoot your number to Howard? Noone else can read your private messages - Robert)

Dr. Rose placed grafts throughout my entire hairline including the tuft where I already had hair. I never had any issues with shock loss. Dr. Rose told me that shock loss usually occurs when the surgeon uses larger blades or during meggasessions of 3,000 fu or more because the existng hair is affected more when either of these situations occur.

• 2 weeks later...

Those are all of the pictures I have and unfortunately I don't have my digital camera since it quit working. Maybe contact Matt Zupan @ Shapiro Medical. He took quite a few pictures of me and may have more for you close up and in high resolution. He has been given my authorization to release the photos for other people's reference.

Justin,

Wow! I definitely agree your pics make you look younger. It is a very nice result for 1609 grafts. You can really slow future loss in the vertex and crown areas with finasteride as you probably already know so glad to see you are on it.

Although your color contrast is wide, you appear to have ideal hair characteristics and your hair does look good short in the after pics. We will all look forward to your one year pics! icon_smile.gif

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Great results justin. Did they do any work on your temple areas? I love what they did to the top. For me the temple areas are a concern. Can anything be done about them?

I had what you call the receding forelock, where the center was receding back. Fortunately, my temples were not losing that much hair, but I have seen many HT where surgeons have placed hair in the temple regions. It's no different than placing it on the top of you head. Do a search for AJ's photos. He had some temple work @ Shapiro Medical that looked pretty good.

• 2 weeks later...

Justin,

I hit the wall...after 6 years of propecia, now losing its effect, and after 2 years of investigating this, I've decided to to get an HT...many of on this board wil like to have my amount of hair, but it's driving me crazy...I need work in the temples and forelock area, so I need someone with great skill...I met with rose a year or so ago and liked him, but I held off hoping Avodart would reverse the slide...it didn't...

Would love to see your pics...better still, would like to speak with you in peron at some point...

• 4 weeks later...

Everyone, I have been receiving a ton of PM's regarding my HT. If anyone would like to talk to me in person, please PM me and I'll send you my phone number. Thanks and happy growing icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>It's great knowing that only 8 months ago I was really bothered by it and now I don't even think about it anymore.

That's what I call a success story! Thanks for sharing your experience. It looks nothing shy of incredible!

Pilot

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

JO20,

If a member has the function enabled, "Private Messages" will go straight to their email in case they do not regularly check the forums. You may want to try this with Justin. Click on his username and select "Invite user to private topic."

Another, maybe easier, option however, is to contact Shapiro Medical directly. You can utilize the Shapiro Medical Virtual Consultation Form to recieve a more accurate and personal estimate also.

Hope this helps.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

• 3 months later...

I totally apologize for not attending this site in so very long! I swore I was enver going to do that, but I did. I guess when you have the procedure done and you are no longer affected by your hair loss, you tend to ignore the site. I guess it is a success story in a way, but I still should attend mroe often. I'll try to answer any questions you may have ASAP.

Justin

Great to hear, Justin. It's totally understandable to not think about hair loss when it is not staring back at you from the mirror day in and day out. Thanks for coming back and sharing your results with the forums and happy growing!

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

hey justin-i spoke with you on this site last year when you first put up your pics. just wanted to say thanks cause your before and after pics where the last bit of encouragement I needed to get my HT. I'm only a month post-HT but am happy with the way everything has gone so far and can't wait to see my results. Thanks again and congrats!!