OK To Blow-Dry Post-Op

I'm now on my 5th day post-op (2228 FUs) and am wondering if it's OK to lightly blow-dry on and around my HT area. So far I have just been letting my head air dry after washing but this leaves my original hair laying fairly flat (i.e., no body). (Thanks in advance)

I'm now on my 5th day post-op (2228 FUs) and am wondering if it's OK to lightly blow-dry on and around my HT area. So far I have just been letting my head air dry after washing but this leaves my original hair laying fairly flat (i.e., no body). (Thanks in advance)

No, wait another week.

I do not believe you would do any lasting damage, but heat is bad---you should still be using lukewarm water not sprayed directly on for a few more days---better safe than sorry!

my opinion of course,

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

I was just thinking of using the 'warm' setting and holding the hair dryer at a distance but I'll go ahead and wait a few more days just to be on the safe side. The concern for avoiding heat relates to another question I have regarding using post-op laser but I guess that the laser (clinic level, not comb) doesn't produce very much heat? That said, should I also be avoiding the few post-op laser sessions that came with my HT? I've read some positive posts regarding it's use for healing but I don't want to jeopardize my grafts.

I went for 3 post-op check ups and washes on days 1,2 and 3, they used a hair dryer each time.

When washing my own hair I brushed the native hair back, placed my hand above the receipt site and dried the native hair on a cold to low setting (switching between the 2 settings) - I did this for maybe 2 weeks.

Blow drying hair is OK if done properly. It is important to use a cooler setting so you do not cause any additional irritation or burning to the scalp. You probably want to hold the blow dryer a little farther away from the scalp than you normally do.