Nizoral

The 1% (don't ask me how to spell the ingredient) can be purchased at any drugstore. The 2% can be purchased from online pharmacies. Check inhousepharmacy.com I think they may carry it or any other reputable online pharmacy. Only tried it once years ago, but I can't confirm or deny its efficacy.

Hey Clint69,

I can't advise you on where to buy Nizoral as here in the UK both the 1% and 2% can be purchased from stores without prescription.

There has been studies done that shown the 1% is almost as effective as the 2% when it comes to hair-loss (here in the uk the 1% version is called Nizorelle)

You sould read up on the product before deciding to use it post-op, some guys have a had a negative responce from it.

Here's a link to get you started Nizoral Transplant

I was using the 1% version pre-op but have not used it post-op, I'm going to wait until I'm fully grown before restarting.

If you abuse the Nizoral treatment by using it excessively then it may irritate your scalp which can cause hair loss. The same goes for minoxidil. I use Nizoral 2% once or twice a week and it keeps my scalp healthy. I suffer from seborrheic dermatitis and nizoral 2% works better for me than Denorex, Neutrogena T-Gel, and prescription Selsun.

Sometimes I fool myself into thinking I don't need to use Nizoral because I don't see flakes. After 2 weeks of not using Nizoral, I usually notice more shedding.

Stick with Nizoral. Overall, it helps keep my scalp healthy.

I bought Nizoral 1% from Walgreens. I use it once a week because I found EOD irritated my scalp, especially around the ears. Kind of like a light sunburn.

NW5a, fin/foam/couvre

3801 grafts FUE, Dr Jose Lorenzo - Madrid, November 2014

Mr. GQ, I've heard using it too often can actually cause hair loss

Leeson,

in the beginning i used it every day for about 3 months and honestly it helped me with the "greasy" hair problem that i had and my rapid hairloss at that time seemed to be stopped thanks to Nizoral 2%.

if that was tha case i honestly wouldn't think that Canadian FDA would approve it to be sold just like you regular head-n-shoulders or your girlfriend's pentine pro-v shampoo as opposed to US where it's still over the counter.