Ready to go for my session w/ Dr. Rahal on June 3rd

Hi all

I have been researching this for many months and decided to get the appointment a few weeks back and it is time finally. I will be going through the session on June 3rd.

I am a Type 6 (I think) and Dr. Rahal (or rather Adrian) has estimated that they will be trying to transplant 4000 grafts - let us see how it goes.

I am certainly nervous like hell - any advice from folks who have gone through this experience?

Hi all

I have been researching this for many months and decided to get the appointment a few weeks back and it is time finally. I will be going through the session on June 3rd.

I am a Type 6 (I think) and Dr. Rahal (or rather Adrian) has estimated that they will be trying to transplant 4000 grafts - let us see how it goes.

I am certainly nervous like hell - any advice from folks who have gone through this experience?

I strongly agree with Chantal about the travel pillow. It allows you to rest your head while sleeping, without putting any pressure on the stitches. I used mine for the first two weeks.

Hi Indian guy. I think everyone gets nervous. Some at different times. I wish you the very best of luck with your HT. Do you have a pre surgery picture?

4374 grafts-7/2/2008-Dr Rahal

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

Thanks for all the advice.

I am planning to start a blog on my progress so will record all updates with my pics.

Hopefully I will be able to help folks the way others on this forum have helped me.

Quick update - got done with this. Surgery went really well... managed to get a lot more grafts than planned. We were initially planning for 4000 grafts but were able to get 4865 grafts. I will update my blog with the exact number of hairs (9000+) and some pics of the post operation.

Will update the blog regulary. Currently just bearing the swelling... :-(