Scar help......

Am0986

Hey that's a pretty big scar area, my new scar is kinda like that near the temples due to shock loss. My Dr. said that shock loss around the scar is pretty common and it can take 3-5 months to grow back...so I wouldn't panic yet, but I feel your pain. Waiting sucks...

Am0986,

You may very well be experiencing some donor shock loss, which is typical a couple months out from a hair transplant.

I know it's hard, but the best thing you can do at this point is wait it out and see how the scar matures. If in the event there's an issue upon maturation, I have faith that Dr. Meshkin will do whatever he can to help you meet your goals.

Best wishes,

Bill

Am 0986,

Is it mostly shock loss around the donor area or has your scar stretched out a bit. From the picture, it seems like a little of both.

Anyway, if it's shock loss, then the native hair will return in a month or so. If it's scar stretching then you'll have to keep your hair long around the donor area.

• Moderators

Two things:

1. It's normal to have some temporary shock loss around the donor scar. Give it a few more months and it should start looking better.

2. The scar below it is making the entire area look worse. Instead of having only the one new scar to cover, you also have to cover an old scar below it which can't be completely covered because of the shock loss from the new scar. As said in #1, give it a few months and it should look a bit better.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• 2 months later...