propecia doesn't work??

azazelgs

hi everyone,

im 23 and i started propecia 3 months ago.at first 2 weeks i felt like i had some side effects but later on it dissapeared. but it disappeared in very interesting way.

for the last month, i've never felt that "horny" (sorry for my bad english, i couldn't find any other word for it) in my entire life. I'm like a 14 year old teen , constantly wanting to masturbate or have sex. and by the way, my hair loss haven't stopped a bit and i'm constantly loosing hair and thinning.

My question is, although i really don't wanna see the side effects of propecia,i'm not seeing any effect at all. Do I have a sort of testesterone problem ? Why doesn't propecia work?

ps: since ?± have no problems in my crown, I haven't seen any effects on that area either.

Azaz, I have felt the very same way. A month in on Propecia I have felt an extreme amount of sexual arousal. Sometimes I feel the urge come in very randomly... I have felt the urge come in very fierce ways. Im only 22, but still, this has been rather strong even for this age.

Btw, a month on Propecia is not enough time to really see the effects of it. You need to give it around a year for the benefits to become noticable. Around the 3-4 month mark supposedly hair shedding is supposed to cease. Give it time.

telepinu,

thanks for the answer, maybe i couldn't explain myself because of my bad english, i'm on propecia for 3 months now but those arousal effects has been going on for a month.

By the way this may sound very ignorant but is there any correlation between ejaculation (sex or masturbation) and hair loss?

You guys are'nt alone. I wont get to far into it but propecia can have the exact opposite effect in 2 differant people due to thier unique body chemistry. Im in my 30's and have been on propecia for 5 years. My sexual stimulation grew expedentially when I started taking it, but others have just the opposite effect. Hard to explain.

hi azazelgs,

Not sure about the sexual boost due to intake of propecia(very strange), but some studies especially ayurvedic studies in india that excessive masturbation viz every day could eventually causes thinning of hair.

It's general common sense that too much is too bad...one should not be addicted/get controlled by one's habits.

One should master their habits but not habits should not master one.

Sorry i might have gone off the topic...:-)

UFUT - 2491 Grafts at Dr. Madhu

Mx-5 (Topical Minoxidil 5%)

Finpecia (Generic finasteride)

See My Hair Loss Website.

MT, same with my smoking habit. I have a sneaky suspicion that smoking causes hair loss ( specially in my case) but doctors seem to think otherwise and I have no other proof. Habits should be controlled, irrespective of whether they are related to hair loss or not. Good for us in the long run. icon_smile.gif