1500-1800 grafts - NW1-2 - OC/LA/SD - price comparison?

Hi,

I'm seriously thinking about a HT(1st) for the temples (30 yrs) and was comparing between doctors in my area OC/LA/SD and found a generous (imho) $2.5/graft for total 1500 grafts from a coalition doctor in my area with good reviews from this forum. I'm very strapped for funds at the moment but i think HT is worth it. I have a good donor area at the back and just want to cover the temples, no family baldness (that i know of).

I was wondering if i'm missing smth or maybe there are better deals ( neograft?)? If you could provide some advice/opinion it would be great,

Thanks icon_smile.gif

eric_f

eric_f,

Are you currently on any hair loss medication to attempt to slow down or stop further hair loss progression?

Just know that if you undergo hair transplant surgery and hair loss continues to progress, you may need subsequent procedures in order to keep your hair looking natural. Surgical hair restoration is usually a process and in many cases, a financial committment.

I only bring up the above because you say you're strapped for cash. The last thing you want to do is have a single procedure, need a second one in a few years because natural hair loss continued, and don't have the funds to continue with treatment.

A dedicated Coalition physician will certainly go over this with you when you consult with him/her. Just be sure to ask all of your questions and have all of your concerns addressed prior to going into surgery.

Best wishes,

Bill

My advice is to spend at least six months doing your research. Use the search function on this site (at the top of the page) and find out about hair loss and hair transplants. Look at lots of before and after pictures for your surgeon and compare it to other top docs.

Have a look at patients weblogs here aswell.

Even though you may not have a family history of hairloss, it would be a good idea to get on some propecia to prevent further hairloss.

Please understand that a hair transplant is not a quick fix, and as Bill says, you need to be committed to the surgical route once you go down it, otherwise if hairloss progresses, you may be left with a tuft of hair at each temple, resulting in an unnatural appearance.

It is best if you do your research and think this through - then you can make an informed decision. As long as you know what you are getting into, hair transplants can be one of the best decisions a guy can make - provided its with the right doc. Good luck.

Propecia since July 2008

2201 Grafts with Dr Lorenzo on 19.10.22 - See my write up here:

Thanks for advice guys icon_smile.gif

Yeah, it's a kinda big decision. My hair loss had stopped ( at least that's what i think icon_smile.gif) pretty much when i was 21 and i do not shed much even after hair coloring/bleaching. So if the ht goes well i don't think i will need more.

I'm on daily minoxidil/azelaic acid though it's somewhat useless for the hairline/temples. Also on spironolactone, only temples too.

I had questions about the price, the original price was $3/graft, but with me being a grad student he offered $2.5, i think it's a good deal and he's highly reviewed here. What do you think guys? Or is there a better procedure like neograft?

eric_f

Never heard of Neograft, But ultra refined follicular unit transplantation is the gold standard atm, and from what I've seen of Dr Ross, his work looks ok.

He's been recently added to the coalition so take a look at this thread - there's lots of pics in it.

http://hair-restoration-info.c...=918102033#918102033

$2.5 per graft seems very reasonable, some clinics charge double that.

I'm sure Dr Ross will go through everything we have mentioned to you, has he recommended you start Propecia?

Propecia since July 2008

2201 Grafts with Dr Lorenzo on 19.10.22 - See my write up here: