Mutiple FUE sessions - how do they know?

Hi all,

I just had my second HT, first one was 1938 grafts via strip (in 2004) and this one was 1000 FUE (last week). I found FUE to be much easier and I am healing quickly since they extracted the FUE from selected shaved areas and it is hidden.

On a follow-up FUE, once the back fully grows back in the shaved areas, how do they know where to take the next set of FUE from?

Thanks.

Dec. 2004 - 1938 Grafts via Strip

Feb. 2009 - 1002 Grafts via FUE

Hi all,

I just had my second HT, first one was 1938 grafts via strip (in 2004) and this one was 1000 FUE (last week). I found FUE to be much easier and I am healing quickly since they extracted the FUE from selected shaved areas and it is hidden.

On a follow-up FUE, once the back fully grows back in the shaved areas, how do they know where to take the next set of FUE from?

Thanks.

Dec. 2004 - 1938 Grafts via Strip

Feb. 2009 - 1002 Grafts via FUE

Hairhope,

Extract hair follicles don't grow back even though the surrounding hair does. Therefore, when your head is re-shaved for another FUE procedure, only previously non-extracted hair follicles can be extracted.

As others have stated, a small white dot (scar) will remain where hair has been taken. Under magnfication, it will be a lot easier to see, and then new follicles will be strategically targeted and extracted for subsequent sessions.

A surgeon shouldn't take too many follicles from the same area otherwise, scarring will become evident.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes,

Bill