can i combine strip with fue

hi guys, well i will be going for transplant i was wondering whether it is ok if i combine strip method with fue as the doc said he can get approx 3000 grafts with strip method so i told him to add fue to which he said he will add around 1000 fue so which means i will get around 3000+1000 that is 4000 grafts .i would like to know if 4000 grafts will give adequate coverage as i am nw 5-6 grade .also is a density of 40 grafts per sq cm adequate .also how can i lknow that the actual amount of grafts are transplanted by the doc , GUYS PLEASE ENLIGHTEN ME PLEASE ADVISE ME.

I think I understand you question, but me, like a lot of guys here can better judge you question if we know the doctor. We have trust issues with certain doctors. icon_smile.gif Also, what did the Dr. want to have (density wise) in the hair line? 40 can work if it is worked back to the crown, but hairline, depending on hair color/chararacteristics needs to be around 55-60.

Dude I would get a second opinion. You can do strip and FUE but if you are going to do both it is better, in general, to do all the strip first. Even if you can only get 3000 this time with strip you might well be able to get another 2000 or perhaps a little more with strip twelve months later.

The reason strip is better first is because a higher % of grafts will survive (plus is tends to be cheaper) and more can be acheived in one sitting.

It would help if you could post a bit more information about your situation. Age, NW level, is this your first surgery?

thanks leeson and imissthebarber for your replies i am nw 5A age is 34 and this is my first surgery i want to go for maximum number of grafts the doc says he will do 35-40 grafts per cm square says the hairs will be 70-80 says it will be adequate i asked to go for a bigger strip but he says 3000 is the biggest he will go for. So i told him to combine strip with fue is there a problem guys will the grafts grow what % of grafts grow will i able to get a decent coverage with the density the doc will give me ANSWER ME GUYS HELP ME.