Hi all,

has anyone managed to get through to Restore Hair Clinics i.e Dr Raghu Reddy in London recently? currently in the research stage and was looking to get a consultation with him however emails are simply bouncing back and no one answers the phone on the website? Been trying for 10 days now and no response... there was a review on Google where someone had been supposedly ghosted. he is on the recommended list on this website....

Anyone had similar with this clinic?

Thanks 

Posted (edited)

Hi. I have reached out to his office for surgery. And then went ahead with the operation. It can take a couple of weeks to get a response but my experience is you will hear back. I’d also try the other channels they offer on their website, such as via WhatsApp. Basically I’d hang in there, he’s a great surgeon I believe, don’t necessarily rush to another place perhaps less capable, if you can afford Dr Reddy. Just my opinion, at least. 

Edited by londonbased

Yes i have the below shortlist

Dr Reddy - cannot get a hold off anyone at this clinic. Makes me wonder what the after-care must be like? Emails bounce back. No response on Whatsapp. Do not answer the phone. Been 2-3 instances of others also commenting on similar outcomes on reviews. Don't expect the Doc himself to get back to me but surely the sales coordinator / patient advisor or whatever role it is can get back to me?!

Dr Mani Mittal - Consultation booked in. very professional communication and in a timely manner.

Dr Ted Miln - via Westminster Medical Group. Consultation booked in. very professional communication and in a timely manner.

Farjo - Emailed and got a response where i sent images and full detail etc. No response after so i guess they weren't interested. Been well over a week.

Dr Arshad - Emailed and got a response where i sent images and full detail etc. No response after so i guess they weren't interested. Been well over a week.

I guess they must be absolutely rammed with work and not taking on new bookings...

Hey man, it's strange some clinics are not getting back to you. What level of hair loss do you have? Any photos you can share??

You should also try Dr Edward Ball and Dr Taleb Barghouthi. Very renowned surgeons with proven results. 

i have had someone message me saying the clinics in question might take at least a few weeks to get back to you and they had similar wait times so will wait it out... i am not in a massive rush so no issue there. just thought id see if anyone was in the same boat..

yes i had Maitland (Dr Ball) on my shortlist but felt his cases were a bit more conservative + travel to Portsmouth (not end of the world) but probably prefer to have surgery in the Harley st area as I'm only around 15/20 mins away.

once consultations are done i will put up some photos to get feedback..

thanks all

Hey man, in that case Reddy, Barghouthi, Mittal and Miln are the ones to go and see in London.

Arshad, Farjo and Ball all look to be 2-3 hours away from London though offer consultations in London. I see Ball & Arshad consult from the same office address

I had a face to face consult with Reddy and I was really unimpressed. I got a bad vibe from him, he’s very ostentatious and his PA who deals with you is unhelpful and at times rude. He does have good results -  no doubt about that. But he wanted to take hair from the ‘danger’ zone (i.e. my crown) despite the ‘safe’ zone being thick and healthy. He is also based on Harley St so that bumps his prices up significantly; I’d rather pay for the procedure not the pretentious address.

Just my two cents! 

hmm that's strange. I'm no expert but taking follicles from the crown and implanting presumably in your front makes no sense whatsoever?! did you ask him why he would do that? any particular reason?

agreed - i have now managed to get through to the assistant and they seem very generic scripted answers to questions.

i'll see where i get with this consultation and feedback either way. ofcourse the most important thing is to get good results on your head rather than the personality of the surgeon / PA / staff etc but it can certainly put you off for sure..

1 minute ago, Sunshine09 said:

hmm that's strange. I'm no expert but taking follicles from the crown and implanting presumably in your front makes no sense whatsoever?! did you ask him why he would do that? any particular reason?

agreed - i have now managed to get through to the assistant and they seem very generic scripted answers to questions.

i'll see where i get with this consultation and feedback either way. ofcourse the most important thing is to get good results on your head rather than the personality of the surgeon / PA / staff etc but it can certainly put you off for sure..

Ultimately you have to go with what feels right for you, but I don’t think you should underestimate the relatability of the surgeon. You need to be able to say whatever you like to him, you need to be comfortable with him, he needs to have genuine empathy with you. IMO Reddy lacks all these traits. 

I did question his strategy of using the crown as a donor; he said there were lots of good hairs there. That may be the case, but surely any good HT strategy will be future proofed and using the crown as a donor is the antithesis of future proofing things, especially when longevity and considering future loss should be strategic priorities. 

On 6/13/2024 at 12:12 PM, Sunshine09 said:

I thought the crown area isn't the safe zone FUE area? I wonder why he wants to take hair from here??

• Valued Contributor
On 6/11/2024 at 4:49 PM, Sunshine09 said:

i have had someone message me saying the clinics in question might take at least a few weeks to get back to you and they had similar wait times so will wait it out... i am not in a massive rush so no issue there. just thought id see if anyone was in the same boat..

yes i had Maitland (Dr Ball) on my shortlist but felt his cases were a bit more conservative + travel to Portsmouth (not end of the world) but probably prefer to have surgery in the Harley st area as I'm only around 15/20 mins away.

once consultations are done i will put up some photos to get feedback..

thanks all

I think the "conservative" tag that Dr Ball has is a little ungenerous (not that it's a bad thing - I personally prefer a more conservative approach to hair restoration). I'd definitely consult with him. Portsmouth might be more hassle than London if you live in London but it's literally just a couple of hours drive away. It seldom gets easier than that in the HT world.

May also be worth reaching out to Dr Ted directly rather than through Westminster. I had the pleasure of sitting in on one of his session a week or ago at his own practice just outside Cardiff and was massively impressed. Not sure on Westminster or Dr Ted's own pricing but there might be saving to be had going direct plus maybe some surgical benefits having Dr Ted's hand picked team at his own place.

On 6/15/2024 at 12:42 PM, Berba11 said:

I think the "conservative" tag that Dr Ball has is a little ungenerous (not that it's a bad thing - I personally prefer a more conservative approach to hair restoration). I'd definitely consult with him. Portsmouth might be more hassle than London if you live in London but it's literally just a couple of hours drive away. It seldom gets easier than that in the HT world.

May also be worth reaching out to Dr Ted directly rather than through Westminster. I had the pleasure of sitting in on one of his session a week or ago at his own practice just outside Cardiff and was massively impressed. Not sure on Westminster or Dr Ted's own pricing but there might be saving to be had going direct plus maybe some surgical benefits having Dr Ted's hand picked team at his own place.

Following on from what Berba said, you could also try Dr Taleb Barghouthi at Westminster Medical Group who is an Elite coalition member of this forum if you wish to stay in London. His results look phenomenal 👌

18 hours ago, Clarkey said:

Following on from what Berba said, you could also try Dr Taleb Barghouthi at Westminster Medical Group who is an Elite coalition member of this forum if you wish to stay in London. His results look phenomenal 👌

I had a look at his work and i wasn't overly impressed. did a search through this forum too and i thought some of my other potential surgeons had slightly better results. had a look at his vertex website too.

thanks for the option though...

On 6/15/2024 at 11:42 AM, Berba11 said:

Dr Ted - Yes i initially had a consultation booked with him via Westminster however i then came across the fact he seems to have gone solo? When i booked the consultation he was listed as a surgeon on their website but having just checked he is no longer there!. I reached out directly to Dr Ted and have a video consult this week so i will clarify what the best process would be for me specifically in the event i go with him i.e surgery in Cardiff or London (assuming he's still working with Westminster). London would be preferred but not end of the world to get to cardiff for the surgery. i think he has very very good results............ 

also i have managed to get a consultation booked in for Dr Reddy. so i guess anyone else in the same boat just need to hang in there with the responses from the clinic...

3 hours ago, Sunshine09 said:

Dr Ted - Yes i initially had a consultation booked with him via Westminster however i then came across the fact he seems to have gone solo? When i booked the consultation he was listed as a surgeon on their website but having just checked he is no longer there!. I reached out directly to Dr Ted and have a video consult this week so i will clarify what the best process would be for me specifically in the event i go with him i.e surgery in Cardiff or London (assuming he's still working with Westminster). London would be preferred but not end of the world to get to cardiff for the surgery. i think he has very very good results............ 

He’s gone solo now and works from his new clinic in St Athan, Wales. Seems he's only ever performed procedures at Westminster Medical Group when patients request his services in London?

3 hours ago, Sunshine09 said:

I had a look at his work and i wasn't overly impressed. did a search through this forum too and i thought some of my other potential surgeons had slightly better results. had a look at his vertex website too.

thanks for the option though...

I've always liked his conservative micro-irregular hairlines. Very natural looking results. 

Shame there isn't more clarity surrounding his verteporfin and donor regeneration trials. Perhaps we can all give him a push as this could be next level