Fuegenix Dr. Munib Ahmad - 2360 grafts - 13/05/24

Hi everyone,

First time poster, long time lurker, thought I'd write about my experience at Fuegenix with Dr. Munib Ahmad in The Netherlands. 

Background: 
26 years old, experienced temporal recession with frontal area and midscalp thinning since late teen years. Decided on going for a transplant with Dr. Munib based on the quality of work I've seen online and because he carries out the procedure himself.

Experience:
Reached out to Dr Munib last year. All communication was with him personally. After sending him some photos, he determined that I'd be a suitable candidate for FUE. After a few emails we agreed upon a date for May of this year. In case anyone here is as of yet unaware, the waiting list is pretty long... 🤣 We had a video call shortly after this, and he sent me pre-care and after-care instructions, directions to the clinic, nearby hotels and other such info.

Travelled in from the UK, for me it was most convenient to fly to Amsterdam and get a train from there. Fuegenix is located in Bergen Op Zoom, a quiet little town in the Netherlands. For patients coming here, unless you opt to stay in one of the recommended hotels close by, I would advise to arrange transport for the morning in advance, as the town is small and there aren't many taxis available.

I was greeted by Dr. Munib at the clinic at 7 AM. He is professional and at the same time friendly and easy to talk to. The hairline design was a two-way conversation and he walked me through the planning of what would work best to frame my face and with density and future planning in mind. I had some questions about the hairline design and he answered them all. I opted to bring the hairline slightly lower and fill in the temples, as well as adding some density to the frontal region and the front part of the midscalp.

The procedure itself was smooth. The only painful part was receiving the local anaesthetic injections, as expected. Barely felt a thing for the other steps. He has good bedside manner as a doctor and I felt there was good understanding of my concerns as a patient. The transplant work started at 8 AM. There was a quick break at around 11:30 to have a snack, and then straight back to business. The procedure finished shortly after 3 PM. 2360 grafts harvested in total. He performed the extraction and incision work himself while his assistant sorted the grafts (singles, doubles, etc.). For the implantation step he performed this with the help of his assistant. 

In the coming days following the procedure we kept in touch over WhatsApp. This was nice, given these days are so crucial. I'm still able to reach out to him now if I need anything.

Overall, no complaints about my experience. Everything was smooth and comfortable.

Now for the pictures. I have cropped them quite a bit. The true extent of prior recession and the new hairline position in the context of my face shape is somewhat hidden because of this cropping, but I'm not keen to dox myself.

Before
image.png.2151d650f0f83fc10bc1e44312c534eb.png

image.png.acf0bbcbe7558035d39cd6736ac99ead.png

image.png.f7d2cf45b85387d6c4e8b44680e439b8.png

Day 1 (day of procedure)

image.png.d6d50b5a65ffe8dbc03ab9df41de8623.png

image.png.1a38d2a74f168496c8c41798fd3a37c9.png

Day 4

image.png.7f5c08ee4e8cb4c2848c8b447ec4a4b5.png

image.png.f1caf125453b4e8b5630445c90984d00.png

Day 10

image.png.7230c98883bd7460f562602ca45c4886.png

image.png.a95e133cdbeb9cc512e5fbce0963c6dc.png

image.png.1f6e20d1118937681fbc6e2843dcb9b8.png

image.png.4dd80076fdd0d256c307c28b9b50489e.png

image.png.d52d95ad65024ee457b9a0d6c9c0a528.png

image.png.3492c4408fc80d906539a889e50440f3.png

Will update again in a few months.

• Like 1

Looks good! The work is exceptional as expected. Happy growing!

PS: Are you on any medication (Fin/Min)?

• Like 1
  • Consultation with Dr Bruno Ferreira - Nov 2023 - - link to thread documenting my pre-hair restoration journey
  • First surgery with Dr Bruno Ferreira - Sept 2024 -  - approx. 3500 grafts to frontal third - thread to be created
  • Second surgery with Dr Bruno Ferreira - TBD - - approx. 2500 grafts to mid-scalp and vertex - thread to be created

• Administrators

Looks fantastic im sure this will be a homerun 🙏

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Thanks for the kind words gents.

On 5/23/2024 at 11:23 AM, Ccd99 said:

PS: Are you on any medication (Fin/Min)?

No, but I was on topical min for 2 years in the past and responded well to it. Stopped because I found twice daily applications was too much hassle and I'd often forget to do it with my schedule. Starting oral minox and dermarolling now to keep the rest of my hair behind the HT. Going to avoid fin if I can.

On 5/24/2024 at 6:35 AM, Rawkerboi said:

The work look's clean I am quite eager to know the waiting list, how long is it?

I can't speak for what it is today, but to give you an idea, when I reached out in August 2023 the next available date was in May 2024.