Hotel and travel tips for Dr. Laorwong?

Posted (edited)

There's a few options of hotels to choose from. I'm not picky, except for wanting a strong AC and english speaking accommodations. 

Any recommendations and tips?

I'll also have a day or two extra, so any recommendations for stuff to do / see would be helpful. 

Edited by brex45821

Ask the clinic for a recommendation for a quiet, comfortable, discreet hotel. You are only there a few nights anyway. Bangkok is cheap and you will be limited as to what you can do after because you cannot eat spicy food for a few days before or after the surgery. Besides, the surgery coupled with the jetlag means you will only be wanting to sleep anyway.

Exploring the local scene can uncover some hidden gems. Maybe check out a museum or two, or take a leisurely stroll through a nearby park. If you're feeling adventurous, why not embark on a little nature excursion? There's something about being surrounded by the great outdoors that's just so rejuvenating.

On my first HT, I stayed at a small hotel called White Ivory Bed and Breakfast about 5 minutes walk from the clinic. It was clean, and simple and the breakfast was alright. They also speak English.

On my second HT, I booked an AirBnB about a 10-minute walk from the clinic. Breakfast was on me then, of course :)

On 5/24/2024 at 2:03 PM, Oudrie89 said:

Exploring the local scene can uncover some hidden gems. Maybe check out a museum or two, or take a leisurely stroll through a nearby park. If you're feeling adventurous, why not embark on a little nature excursion? There's something about being surrounded by the great outdoors that's just so rejuvenating.

Speaking of nature, it's a huge passion of mine as well. In fact, I'm gearing up for a trip to Si Como No resort soon. I've heard nothing but rave reviews about its stunning natural surroundings and eco-friendly vibe. Can't wait to immerse myself in all that lush greenery and wildlife. If you're craving a dose of nature during your trip, you might want to consider checking out Si Como No: www.sicomono.com. It could be the perfect retreat to unwind and connect with the beauty of the natural world.

I stayed at the Marriott since I have points there. Great hotel but a little bit of a trip to the drs office.  I didn’t mind it. I walked there and back every morning to get the head wash. It was fun to tour the city that way. Used the water taxi to get across the river.  

There grand palace and Wat Arun at fun to see and travel around via water taxi. The first day or two you may feel like staying inside so going to the mall Siam paragon was great. AC and lots ton do and eat. There are tons of night markets which are also great when trying to avoid the sun and heat. 

I felt pretty good after so we did a ton of stuff. After 4 days of washing I got a plane to Chang Mai and then to Phuket. 

Good luck!

• Valued Contributor

If you want convenience and a cozy atmosphere than you can look at white ivory bed and breakfast which is 5 mins walk from the clinic..you can book a high category room which was big enough..its a Boutique hotel and the breakfast is good..plus there is a 7 eleven and other such stores nearby and the krung thon buri metro train station is also nearby which is a plus. You can use this railway which is the fastest and most convenient means of transportation in bangkok which has heavy traffic and its very cheap. Download Bolt app for private taxis which is cheaper than other apps.

The other hotels which you can book are 

- The pattern boutique,which is jst near to the white ivory bed and breakfast and the owner is same 

- the ex capital hotel which is a 3 star property.

- cascade hotel which is a 4 star property 

- Ryhhton Apartment is nearby which is good option if you want individual apartment

Download Grab app for food delivery if you stay there. 

I hope this helps you. Best of luck and say my hi to dr laorwong.

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

• 2 weeks later...

I booked at the White Ivory with the king suite few days before surgery so I could walk back easily enough.  Location was great, and they checked me in pretty early the morning when my flight had landed (like 9am) which most hotels won't do. 

However the safe didn't work and there were hundreds of little ant/bug things at the time in the area where I had put my passport and stuff so that was fun to clean and sort of hoped they didn't decide to explore the rest of the room. Not sure if the bugs were related to the water issue as the shower backed up a bit in my unit as well.  Not that you can have a shower after surgery, but that last shower that you can have ended up memorable for the wrong reasons standing in backed up water.  There is also bit of head smashing risk with layout in the king suite if you are above 5'10" I'd say.  

I moved over to the Eastin grand Sathorn for the other few nights before I went home.  If you have some extra bucks was super spectacular, great view, and ultra clean.   The sky train goes right to the door of the Eastin few stops away and right to the door of Laorwongs pretty much.  The trains have stronger air conditioning than a cab and once you figure out how it pays by number of stops and the super annoying platform and exit system, it's quicker than a Grab.  Although I did use Grab/cab for most days anyway as it's only a few bucks.  

I'd also recommend downloading an app called Agoda and look for some hotel deals on there.