Time to get a Low Density Mid/ Temple FUE transplant to achieve the 3D Effect with SMP (Buzz Cut) - Where to go, How to avoid scarring - Looking for advice

Hello,

Please share a list of doctors who could assist with my particular case. Not many people seem to perform FUE + SMP with a buzz cut.

I shaved my head when I was 23 after trying finasteride, minoxidil, and almost every OTC and bizarre solution out there. Unfortunately, nothing helped.

I underwent an SMP procedure, and the results were amazing when I still had some hair on my scalp. At that time, I was likely a NW3V or a bit more. Now, at 28, although I still like the SMP, it's not looking the same because I need to shave almost every couple of days due to further hair loss, especially in the front. I am almost bald except for some hair here and there in the center of the mid-front area. I posted about my SMP experience here; you can check the pictures, as the results were impressive. Here's the link to see my SMP

As you read in my 2019 post, I already planned to undergo this procedure. Now, after a painful breakup, having more money, and the flexibility to work whenever and wherever I want, it's time to pursue the 3D, low-density, FUE + SMP hair transplant combo. The reason I want to do this is that with some stubble, my SMP looked much better, and I could instruct the SMP practitioner to use a darker ink. This way, during the night or in low light, I would appear to have chosen to shave my head, whereas in daylight, I would still have some hair, framing my face better. I understand the limitations of both hair transplants and SMP, but after extensive research, I believe this is the best move for my future, especially at 28, where I believe my confidence would greatly benefit.

My goal is to maintain short hair, using a guard 0 hair razor and shaving every 2-3-4 days, as I did when I still had some hair. I am mainly interested in addressing my hairline, front, and mid-scalp, as these areas have the most significant visual impact on the face. I am okay with a bald spot in the back of my head, as I shave for a reason. I would address hair loss on my vertex separately. The idea is to create a dark 3D illusion of density in the front for frontal pictures or interactions.

The main concern is to avoid scarring. Therefore, I need a doctor who personally performs both the extraction and the incision or a highly professional team, ensuring natural angles and using a small punch for follicle extraction to minimize scarring at the back.

I plan to retouch my SMP with a darker color and also have an SMP procedure on my donor area after recovery.

While I live in Europe, I am open to traveling anywhere. I am currently in Latin America and plan to embark on a year-long trip to Southeast Asia this winter. As this region is generally more affordable, I would prefer to avoid the Americas and stay closer to Europe, Turkey, or Southeast Asia.

I believe my expectations are reasonable, and with 3000-3500 strategically placed grafts in my temples, front, and mid-scalp, I could achieve a satisfactory result, preserving some donor hair for potential future procedures.

For this operation, the more economical, the better. Ideally, I would like to spend between 3-4k USD for 3000-3500 grafts. Please let me know which doctors you would recommend for this procedure.

c

21 minutes ago, mr_peanutbutter said:

dr zarev will leave you with little to no scarring

Good that you could think of a Name this time

On 5/23/2024 at 10:30 AM, mr_peanutbutter said:

dr zarev will leave you with little to no scarring

fantastic results but out of my budget, he charges 9€/graft, i ideally would like to spend below 5k USD, i looked at his website, incredible results tho

On 5/23/2024 at 11:48 AM, asterix0 said:

Dr Munib Ahmad, Hattingen, Bruno Feirreira, Konior/Nadimi, Zarev, Pittella

all valid doctors but the prices are too high, as i wrote in the post i would like to spend below 5k USD, since that's my budget

2 hours ago, alexXx999 said:

all valid doctors but the prices are too high, as i wrote in the post i would like to spend below 5k USD, since that's my budget

Ideally, I would like to spend between 3-4k USD for 3000-3500

if youre budget is below 2 eur youre at the very lower end, even good surgeons in turkey charge more these days

you could consider dr. patty (thailand), dr. fares seffen (tunisia, charges like 1.2 eur per graft and also published some results here) or dr.michalis from cyprus (1.5 eur per graft)

but regarding scarring you wont get the same results as with zarev or fuegenix im afraid

1 hour ago, mr_peanutbutter said:

Ideally, I would like to spend between 3-4k USD for 3000-3500

dr.michalis from cyprus (1.5 eur per graft)

but regarding scarring you wont get the same results as with zarev or fuegenix im afraid

While that's probably true, I will say that Dr Michalis uses a manual punch and is very conscientious about minimising damage to the donor area. I'd say moreso than many more expensive doctors. This was me the day after surgery.

IMG_20230714_224033.thumb.jpg.d8e539d2700d87e1ed9ab0225bdbff7f.jpg

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, BackFromTheBrink said:

While that's probably true, I will say that Dr Michalis uses a manual punch and is very conscientious about minimising damage to the donor area. I'd say moreso than many more expensive doctors. This was me the day after surgery.

IMG_20230714_224033.thumb.jpg.d8e539d2700d87e1ed9ab0225bdbff7f.jpg

yes, looks good and donor region from seffen also looks very okay (from which ive seen)

those 2 are good doctors; however dr zarev and dr munib from fuegenix seem to be in a different league then all other doctors at the moment

• Moderators

You are going to have a hard time getting good work done in the price range you are looking for. Be careful going to someone just because they offer you a low price. There are so many things that can go wrong at cheap, low quality clinics which can end up costing you a lot more to get fixed.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.