My 1st HT | Dr Bicer | FUE 3500~ Grafts | August 2023 | 9 Month Update | 2nd HT?

Hi everyone, 

Here to share my experience and results after my HT with Dr Bicer. I've been balding/receeding since my late teens so I've been super self conscious about my hair loss ever since, to say it's affected my young adult years is an understatement. I hopped on finasteride and minoxidil in my early twenties but it was probably too late, I'd tried topical versions of both, oral versions of both and while they most definitely helped, it wasn't enough so I decided to take the plunge and look into getting a HT

It was a pretty tough process trying to find a suitable clinic being from Australia, but an unrelated overseas trip last year gave me the opportunity to look at better options. I had a few clinics tell me I wasn't a suitable canditate at first due to my hair loss pattern, my donor pattern, and minaturisation of hairs above my ears + nape, and it was pretty late notice for when I would've been travelling, but I finally settled on Dr Bicer in Turkey after messaging and a video consultation; as well as seeing a lot of positive reviews. Due to the extent of my hair loss, I knew I likely would need two HTs to get my desired result, so with this first one, we decided to focus on my hairline and ignore the crown, for now.

The planning and the procedure itself went extremely smoothly (although it was probably the longest day of my life), originally planned for 3000 grafts but were able to squeeze out another 500 during extraction; I also paid the extra costs to stay in the same building as the clinic which I would highly recommend for anyone thinking of going to Dr Bicer.

I'll post some photos below of 4 months before the procedure, straight after, two weeks after, and right now, in that order. I'm extremely happy with the results, and since the procedure, I've also added Nizoral to my process, aswell as swapped from finasteride to dutasteride, which I feel has helped the overall health of my hair, the back looks noticably better imo. Now, as you can see, my crown area needs some work still, and I'd like to add a little bit more to my hairline along my temples too. If I could have another HT tomorrow I would but I'm not sure if there's a recommended wait time between procedures so would love if anyone has any insight, thanks!

front 1.jpg

left.jpg

right.jpg

top.jpg

back.jpg

thumbnail.jpg

thumbnail (5).jpg

thumbnail (1).jpg

thumbnail.jpg

thumbnail (2).jpg

thumbnail (4).jpg

thumbnail (3).jpg

It's just four months and you want to jump for second HT?

After four months, real growth starts so I will advise to wait for atleast 12 months before drawing any conclusion.

Right now, you just need to focus on next 8 months. 

Plenty of growth and maturity on your way

19 minutes ago, Rawkerboi said:

It's just four months and you want to jump for second HT?

After four months, real growth starts so I will advise to wait for atleast 12 months before drawing any conclusion.

Right now, you just need to focus on next 8 months. 

Plenty of growth and maturity on your way

It’s been 9 months, not 4, and I understand what you’re saying but I haven’t had any work done on my crown where I want my next HT, I’m more than fine with how my first HT has gone, I’m not looking for more work in that area. I went into it knowing I’d always need two, one for the hairline, one for the crown, so was just curious if anyone had any experience in how long is recommended between procedures.

I think that 8 months is enough to start thinking about undergoing another surgery (some docs even leave 6 months only between surgeries). Maybe the ideal waiting time is 10-12 months. Your crown needs to be addressed for sure. The front doesn't look super dense, so maybe some work might be done there. Can you provide higher quality pics of the front from different angles ?

• Moderators

Dr Bicer is a fine Dr. On large cases, doing it in 2 sessions, first the front and then the crown seems to be her standard method. I would say wait at least a year for the 2nd transplant because you want to see just how much you get from the first one so you can decide if you need any touch-ups to that area while you're also getting the crown done. You also need to wait until the donor area fully heals so you can get enough grafts out of it. You should certainly do a followup consultation and set up the next surgery. You don't need to wait a year to set up a date. Just make the date for the next surgery to be around the 1 year post op range.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.