Need an advice for Hairtransplantation in Turkey :)

Posted (edited)

Hello folks,

I have decided to take the plunge and have a hairtransplantation in Turkey.
I am 34 years old, male, suffering from hair loss for about 5-7 years, rather thin and fine hair instead of extreme hair loss.
I have been using Minoxidil (spray) daily for about 6 months.

I would therefore like to have a transplant to finally have hair again :)

My budget is a maximum of €5,000

My request to you is if you can tell me which clinics are good or which of the clinics I have chosen I should avoid.
I hope you can help me out here as it is my great wish that the transplantation will be successful and that I will not be disfigured.

In advance already.
Thank you very much for your help and support.

Here is a list of the clinics where I have planned the operation.
In brackets are the prices the clinics would charge me)
(If you know better clinics, please let me know) 

Diamonds of Hair ( 1.700€)
Hermest ( 2.900€)
Nim Clinic ( 2.400€)
Grace Touch Clinic ( 2.400€)
Long Hair Centre ( 2.600€)
Get New Hair - Dr Sahinoglu (6.000€)
Civas Hair (Tech.: 4.500€ / Dr. 8.500€)
HLC (10.000€)
Dr Caymaz (Tech.: 3.900€ / Dr 5.500€)
Keser (10.000€)
Dr Doganay (Tech.: 4.800€ / Dr 12.000€)

Fuecapiler Dr. Gür or Dr. Turan (Waiting for offer)
Dr Bicer (Waiting for offer)
Dr Gür (Waiting for offer)
Dr Pekiner (Waiting for offer)
Diamond Hair (Waiting for offer)
Serkan Aygin (Waiting for offer)
Asmed (Waiting for offer)
Cosmedica (Waiting for offer)
Dr Demirsoy (Waiting for offer)
Dr Yaman (Waiting for offer)

IMG_7361.jpeg

IMG_7363.jpeg

IMG_7364.jpeg

IMG_7369.png

IMG_7366.png

IMG_7365.png

IMG_7362.png

Edited by Serb_ya

What are your goals?  Is it to cover the entire head?  

"Pattern loss," is a common phrase used in this industry.  It refers to the Norwood scale, a tool used to assess the degree of hair loss.  Review the Norwood chart and notice the progression.  As patterns advance a number of things happen.  The hairline recedes, the corners become deeply recessed, the crown begins to expand.  As you get to a class 5, the only thing left is a bridge.  Once that's gone you're a 6.  The donor then dips and you've arrived at a seven.  As demand increases, supply decreases.  The inverse is also true.  You can also identify a pattern by the way the hair is being lost.  (When you see through the hair, can you ID yourself)?  Undoubtedly an advanced pattern.

Donor limitation often drives this industry. There's typically not enough available to allow for density through the front, top and crown.  It's for this reason most ethical doctors will concentrate their efforts, at least initially, to the front.  It's the area you see when you look at yourself.  It's also the area others see when they interact with you.  Now the crown.

Think of the crown as a circular area.  You fill it.  Because you've shown the propensity to lose, you'll continue losing.  You go on to lose all the hair around the island worth of permanent hair.  You'll have created a target area and an unnatural pattern.  Retention of the native hair is imperative.  What are you currently doing to mitigate the progressive nature of this condition?  But there's more to consider when dealing with a crown.

The crown is a sphere.  We refer to it as the black hole of hair restoration.  Why?  Consider the whirl.  This is the point from which the hair stems.  That is, no hair is coming into the area to provide any sort of shingling. The hair grows away from the point exposing the area.  This is something we all share.  To have a thinning looking crown is normal and natural.  

At the time of the procedure the doctor will follow the direction of the hair.  It would take many procedures and many grafts to fill the crown. You could put your entire donor in the crown and still look thin.  Let's say you then lose the front and have nothing to fix it with.  I can almost hear you say, "Why did you put all my donor in the crown when I now have nothing left for the front and still look bald?"  Remember, it's the front people see when they converse with you.  (You can't ever make any mistakes by adding hair to the front.  It'll frame your face and give you styling options).  Rely on the non surgical program to help you retain and enhance the native hair.  Besides all modalities tend to be far more effective towards the mid-scalp and crown.  

Patient Consultant for Dr. Arocha at Arocha Hair Restoration. 

I am not a medical professional and my comments should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own. 

The only doctors on your list worth considering are Bicer, Gur or Turan, Yaman and Demirsoy. Though I hear Pekiner and HLC supposedly give good results.

• Valued Contributor

How many grafts are all of these clinics proposing? And where are you based?

Personally I wouldn't go to Turkey. On a tight budget I'd be heading to Thailand for Dr Loarwong, Dr Ratchathorn or Dr Pathomvanich. Dr Bicer is probably your best bet in Turkey these days.

• Like 1

The good and safe options that fit your budget are Dr Yaman, Dr turan, Dr Gur, Dr Demirsoy and dr Altan Ahmed (aestepool clinic). So you could select one of them and get a nice result. Good luck!

• Valued Contributor
7 hours ago, BaldGuy said:

The good and safe options that fit your budget are Dr Yaman, Dr turan, Dr Gur, Dr Demirsoy and dr Altan Ahmed (aestepool clinic). So you could select one of them and get a nice result. Good luck!

I’ve previously touted Demirsoy and he was even on my own list of clinics that I consulted with 3 years ago, but I don’t think we should be throwing his name into the mix so readily. 

There’s results elsewhere on the internet that are not too great, and I don’t remember the last time we saw anything pass through on here (though I may have missed something!). 

Whereas previously he was involved in most aspects of the surgery, I think he now has a tiered pricing structure to reflect the extent of his involvement. This may account for some of the poorer reviews online with quality controls being less stringent - a sadly familiar pattern when surgeons start delegating more and more components of surgery to their technicians. 

Equally I’m not sure we’ve enough evidence to really be so sure just yet about Dr Altan, though the limited amount of cases I’ve seen so far are indeed promising. Maybe you’ve seen more work than I have elsewhere though!

The genuinely “safest” option is Bicer. She’s a good surgeon, but more than that, her patient care is legendary. 

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, Berba11 said:

I’ve previously touted Demirsoy and he was even on my own list of clinics that I consulted with 3 years ago, but I don’t think we should be throwing his name into the mix so readily. 

There’s results elsewhere on the internet that are not too great, and I don’t remember the last time we saw anything pass through on here (though I may have missed something!). 

Whereas previously he was involved in most aspects of the surgery, I think he now has a tiered pricing structure to reflect the extent of his involvement. This may account for some of the poorer reviews online with quality controls being less stringent - a sadly familiar pattern when surgeons start delegating more and more components of surgery to their technicians. 

Equally I’m not sure we’ve enough evidence to really be so sure just yet about Dr Altan, though the limited amount of cases I’ve seen so far are indeed promising. Maybe you’ve seen more work than I have elsewhere though!

The genuinely “safest” option is Bicer. She’s a good surgeon, but more than that, her patient care is legendary. 

I dont agree with that. There's many great results of Dr Demirsoy on this forum and most of his reviews here are positive ones.
Dr demirsoy is invloved in all of his surgeries and he has 3 different packages, with different prices but he is involved in all of them. One package that he does the plan, design and incisions, another one that he does plan, design and incisions, and half of extractions, and last one package that he does plan, design and incisions, and all of extractions. So he is involved in all of his surgeries and he cares about his patients. He is an ethical doctor and he produces natural looking results.

Dr altan ahmed have some good cases here but he also have many postitive reviews on the polish hair loss forum. He is considered a good budget option in general.

Dr Bicer is quite good but she is expensive and her price is too high compared to these options...so definitely not an option for the OP. He can select one of the options i mentioned above and he will be in safe hands.

Another good option would be dr Bekir Bek in turkey who charges 1.7 euro/graft and he does the whole prodecure by himself.

Edited by BaldGuy

• Valued Contributor
10 hours ago, BaldGuy said:

Another good option would be dr Bekir Bek in turkey who charges 1.7 euro/graft and he does the whole prodecure by himself.

He looks promising but again, we dont yet have actual results. There’s one 6 month result that looks decent on Reddit I believe, and that’s about it. Too soon to start throwing his name around at other prospective patient’s expense and risk. 

You’ve totally disregarded everything I said about Demirsoy and results elsewhere, yet point to results elsewhere in favour of Dr Altan. That’s not very consistent, is it?

I’d be very keen to see more recent Demirsoy cases and hope that the poorer results were a blemish on an otherwise good track record. Like I said, I very nearly went with Demirsoy and he was my first choice for quite a while before going to Eugenix. I used to mention on here a lot, but poorer cases have quashed my confidence in recommending him to others at the moment and I’d personally rather err on the side of caution when it comes to recommending doctors whose work we’ve not seen for a while. 

4 hours ago, Berba11 said:

He looks promising but again, we dont yet have actual results. There’s one 6 month result that looks decent on Reddit I believe, and that’s about it. Too soon to start throwing his name around at other prospective patient’s expense and risk. 

You’ve totally disregarded everything I said about Demirsoy and results elsewhere, yet point to results elsewhere in favour of Dr Altan. That’s not very consistent, is it?

I’d be very keen to see more recent Demirsoy cases and hope that the poorer results were a blemish on an otherwise good track record. Like I said, I very nearly went with Demirsoy and he was my first choice for quite a while before going to Eugenix. I used to mention on here a lot, but poorer cases have quashed my confidence in recommending him to others at the moment and I’d personally rather err on the side of caution when it comes to recommending doctors whose work we’ve not seen for a while. 

Dr Bekir Bek is not a new doctor. He was woring at HLC, so he is an experienced doctor. He just opened his new clinic now, but he got much experience working at HLC...so he is not a randoom doctor with no results.

There's a couple of great recent cases of Dr Demirsoy that you could check at this forum by typing his name...So just type his name on the search bar and you will find a couple of great recent cases from Dr Demirsoy...

One recent case of dr demirsoy is shown below..

• Valued Contributor
2 hours ago, BaldGuy said:

Dr Bekir Bek is not a new doctor. He was woring at HLC, so he is an experienced doctor. He just opened his new clinic now, but he got much experience working at HLC...so he is not a randoom doctor with no results.

There's a couple of great recent cases of Dr Demirsoy that you could check at this forum by typing his name...So just type his name on the search bar and you will find a couple of great recent cases from Dr Demirsoy...

One recent case of dr demirsoy is shown below..

I’m aware of Dr Bek’s background, thank you. We’ve seen issues at HLC in recent years and at their best, the HLC doctors worked as a team, so it’s not as simple as saying that just because one has gone solo that he’s a safe bet. We still need independent verification through patient posted results to make a firmer assessment. 

He’s looks promising indeed, but we simply have to be more stringent as a community if we’re going to protect patients and recommend surgeon’s with confidence. 

Thanks also for letting me know there’s a search bar… I am new around here. 

7 hours ago, Gatsby said:

Choosing surgery based on geography and cost is a recipe for regret. 

When someone can’t afford a top level surgeon what should they do?! 

• Valued Contributor
Posted (edited)

It’s a good question. You want the best results because it’s your surgery that will remain with you permanently for life. Personally I would wait and get a second job and save up for it. If you truly have done your research and believe a cheap(er) clinic is still the best choice then by all means go for it. But if the results have doubles in the hairline, etc, then at least you will know this is a possibility before going in to it. Having said that, every surgeon has a bad result, to be fair. But ultimately you mitigate the risks and increase your chances with an elite surgeon. All the best. 

Edited by Gatsby