Has Anyone Gotten Rid of Seborrheic Dermatitis Postop?

Posted (edited)

Hi guys.. Its been 6 months now since my surgery. During this time I've been diagnosed with seborrheic dermatitis which feels like I have a cap of hard to remove dandruff on my scalp. My derm prescribed Tsal shampoo. But after a month it hasn't done anything. I asked for a special injection to get rid off it but he stood firmly against it because he claims it can create collagen which can choke the transplanted follicles. 

I really want to get rid of this fast. Has anyone had this issue after surgery and what was your treatment for it postop?

Edited by wprevil

• wprevil changed the title to Has Anyone Gotten Rid of Seborrheic Dermatitis Postop?
  • Moderators

When I was younger I had to wash my hair twice a day and used Nizoral shampoo daily as my regular shampoo.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Are you in the US?

Scalpicin worked for me, which is Hydrocortizone based, when I had an inflamed scalp due to minoxidil.  I cannot get it where I live as not in the US.

Azelaic Acid cream is very effecting - used it for around nose area where I sometimes get a SD flare up.

I also find that avoiding refined sugars lessens the chance of SD.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

7 hours ago, Al - Moderator said:

When I was younger I had to wash my hair twice a day and used Nizoral shampoo daily as my regular shampoo.

How long did you shampoo with it until your SD was gone?