Should I go with Dr. Luis Nader or Dr. Sergio Camacho?

Posted (edited)

Well guess what? I ACTUALLY heard back from the hard to get a hold of Dr. Luis Nader about my consultation. Yeah, he actually responded to my email and said I could do with a hair transplant. The good news is that he said anywhere from 2000-2500 grafts (I'm somewhere between a Norwood 2 and 3) would be best for me and they still have discounts for staying 2 nights in a hotel in McAllen, Texas ($300 reimbursement off transplant) and a 10% discount for paying with half cash and half card. The bad news however is the price and availability. The PDF he sent said it would be $7453 for 2000 grafts or $8750 for 2500 grafts (ultimately that's about $3.60 per graft). And according to his calendar, he has LITERALLY nothing available until next year.

Dr. Sergio Camacho with Bogota Hairlines is only charging $2.70 a graft (wanted 2400-2800 grafts) and Bogota is still cheap and easy to get to for me. I don't know about his availability but Abraham his consultant has been generally responsive with my questions. At this point should I just go with Dr. Camacho as he's cheaper, easier to get to and still considered very good, or should I save up my money and wait until next year for Dr. Nader? I know he has cancellations but who knows when that will happen plus there are probably hundreds of people in front of me waiting to jump in on an appointment

Edited by rs525

• rs525 changed the title to Should I go with Dr. Luis Nader or Dr. Sergio Camacho?

Now I have a new dilemma. I booked myself for Dr. Nader for next year but I keep getting conflicting reports here and on Reddit of who's better. Some people say Nader is better and Camacho is lousy or Nader is overrated and overpriced, doesn't have good hair density, completely lacking in communication and his clinic is in what is apparently a no go zone which recently had 27 people hatcheted to death. 

I hate all this indecisiveness, it's stressing me out.

I would really appreciate any feedback from those who have been to either Dr. Nader or Dr. Camacho. I know Dr. Nader is fully involved in the surgery but how involved is Dr. Camacho. I know he has another doctor there assist him and a team of technicians but I heard from someone who went there that Dr. Camacho was barely involved.

How is Camacho with donor management? Does he take a good amount of time to discuss the hairline with his patients? I already sort of have an idea of what my hairline should look like but I don't want him to rush through it just to get the procedure over with. Only my hairline needs to be done, the rest of my head is fine. I've seen some disappointing results with his crown work but thankfully I don't need anything done there and crown transplants are notoriously hard to get them right apparently.

Also unlike Nader who only gives you two nights in a hotel and no post wash, Bogota Hairlines gives you three nights in a hotel and a post operative wash the next day. Is an extra night in a hotel worth it to get some rest and recovery? I initially didn't want to go to Bogota because the hotel they use has no air conditioning, but it turns out they don't really need it because Bogota is surprisingly chilly being at least 8,000 feet above sea level. 

What I'm thinking is depending on where my job situation goes, I should either wait until next year for Nader or if I should just go to Dr. Camacho who has plenty of availability and get it over with.

I just saw Dr. Nader. Originally, my appointment was scheduled for next year, but I managed to take a canceled slot. I never felt unsafe in Reynosa; it seemed like a typical, bustling town. Dr. Nader's pricing breaks down to $3 per graft after accounting for the 10% discount and $300 hotel reimbursement. I chose Dr. Nader because of his excellent donor management and track record of successful outcomes. Both he and his wife, who is also a doctor, performed the extractions and implantation themselves. They have a team dedicated to preparing the grafts. Dr. Nader is an ethical practitioner who genuinely cares about his patients and delivers great results. If necessary, I wouldn't hesitate to seek treatment from him again. I hope this helps. 

• Like 1

On 5/14/2024 at 2:08 PM, Drumnjake said:

I just saw Dr. Nader. Originally, my appointment was scheduled for next year, but I managed to take a canceled slot. I chose Dr. Nader because of his excellent donor management and track record of successful outcomes. Both he and his wife, who is also a doctor, performed the extractions and implantation themselves. They have a team dedicated to preparing the grafts. Dr. Nader is an ethical practitioner who genuinely cares about his patients and delivers great results. If necessary, I wouldn't hesitate to seek treatment from him again. I hope this helps. 

Thanks. You were lucky. I haven't seen any cancellations yet but I am on a standby list. I know it's only been a couple weeks but how's the repair job so far?

1 hour ago, rs525 said:

Thanks. You were lucky. I haven't seen any cancellations yet but I am on a standby list. I know it's only been a couple weeks but how's the repair job so far?

So far so good. There a 2 week update on my thread 

• Moderators
On 5/7/2024 at 12:51 AM, rs525 said:

Now I have a new dilemma. I booked myself for Dr. Nader for next year but I keep getting conflicting reports here and on Reddit of who's better. Some people say Nader is better and Camacho is lousy or Nader is overrated and overpriced, doesn't have good hair density, completely lacking in communication and his clinic is in what is apparently a no go zone which recently had 27 people hatcheted to death. 

I hate all this indecisiveness, it's stressing me out.

You will always get people having different opinions and disagreeing with who is better especially if they have gone to one of them. You will never find the absolute top number 1 Dr. You can make comparisons forever. Either one is a good choice. You need to decide which one is the best choice for you 

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

1 hour ago, Al - Moderator said:

You will always get people having different opinions and disagreeing with who is better especially if they have gone to one of them. You will never find the absolute top number 1 Dr. You can make comparisons forever. Either one is a good choice. You need to decide which one is the best choice for you 

Thanks I decided to go with Dr. Nader as it's easier to get to him. He also spends like an hour planning on the hairline so that helps.