Question about HT

Posted (edited)

Hi all,

I have been doing more research on hair transplants — I have noticed that some doctors will perform the entire surgery themselves while others have a team that will implant the hairs. If the doctor does the extraction of grafts and incisions, does it increase the survival rate of the grafts or can the procedure still produce unfavorable results due to improper techniques used by the technicians that implants the grafts? If so how can one tell whether the technicians did a good job with the angle and proper technique etc. I read that few signs would be red scarring inflammation but don't know. Can a patient request the training certifications of the technicians? What if surgery doesn't go as well can the patient pursue legal action?

Apart from that I am considering either another FUT or an FUE. If I do another FUT does that shrink or push up the skin in the back of the head making it seem like there is less hair in total length?

Thanks for the replies in advance!

Edited by chrisu

@chrisu, a doctor surgeon can't do the whole surgery by himself, however it's important to do a research on a clinic that work under strict western regulations, meaning that the MD surgeon will do all surgical parts: punch and incisions.

At HDC clinic, both Dr. Maras and Dr. Christina do the whole punch and incisions, additionally they do the first extractions to make sure the the grafts comes out normal, then the technicians do the rest of the extractions, divide the single grafts under microscopes and place the grafts, all our statt members including the technicians can be seen on our website, we don't hire random technicians, our staff are highly trained and some with us over 10 years, without any cutbacks.

Regarding FUT, at HDC we stopped doing FUTs since 2011, as you wrote.. the FUT scarring shrink and tuck the skin inside, with this disadvantage you can't do another tied strip next to the previous and the tucked skin make it harder to extract some grafts near to it, HOWEVER we have a lot of experience with doing FUE to candidates that had multiple FUTs before with successful repair revision results, and doing FUE over the strip FUT scar to fade it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

@Doron HaratiThank you for the reply. I have read that generally speaking one can get more from a combination of FUT and FUE. I have also seen recommendations of possibly 1-2 FUT and then FUE maximizes donor. Some doctors even suggest the survival rate is a lot more in FUT but I have read arguments on both sides.

I don't know if I understood you correctly but did you agree that the skin in the back of the head will shrink with a second FUT?

Yes it will shrink the skin.

We had before patients who wanted repair after having FUT+FUE, doesn't give any benefits.

At HDC we're one of the few clinics that can do giga sessions with 6000+ grafts in a single session without overharvesting the donor for candidates with strong donor.

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.