concealers?

There are two basic types of concealers that have a pretty good rep, and I use them regularly myself.

"Scalp concealers" are applied directly to balding areas of the scalp and can also be applied to thinning hair to add thickness. Dermatch is the one I use. Couvre is another well-known one that has a good reputation.

"Hair thickeners" are electrostaticly-charged particles of keratin that cling to existing hair and scalp and make the hair appear thicker and fuller. I've used Toppik, but many HTN members use Nanogen and swear by it.

These concealers, especially used together with a little practice, can make the most of the hair you have right now. They are no substitute for hair restoration, but they make the best of a crappy situation while you pursue a long-term hair recovery plan.

Hope this helps icon_smile.gif

-Vasilius

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just through most people's experiences on here lisa, I would say Couvre probably isn't better, the majority seem to have tried Couvre & Dermatch and preffered Dermatch by far, not used it myself, I fall into Vasilius's second category and use Nanogen, and like many really would reccomend it, many also reccomend using both together, could be worth a go?

for someone with only slight diffuse thinning in my crown, would i go for a scalp concealer or hairthickener?

Also, which ones can get wet?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

11/04-07 - 800-1600 ish grafts - danish clinic - poor results

12/02-08 - 2764 grafts - Dr. Devroye - good result but needs hairline density

03/12-10 - 1429 grafts - Dr. Mohmand - result pending

Feel free to visit my picture thread

My Hair Transplant Photos - Surgery with Dr. Devroye

Young lads below 25 unite!

cmon guys, someone must know the answer to this one?

If you are just looking for a concealer. My HT Dr gave me one after my HT and they come in different shades. It is called Toppik. You can get it at Sally Beauty Supply in their mens sectino (pretty small area. Basically, you you just shake it on like a salt shaker. It is about $20-$25 there. You can likely find it on the Internet too.

Waterproof/smudging is #1 priority for me, as i work out hard and often sweat like a beast - also i want to be able to swim with it.

It does not have to make remarkable results as i am only slightly thinning and have low scalp/hair contrast.

SO i guess dermmatch?

Hi Mike,

Dermmatch is definitely the waterproff way forward, although if you get it wet try not to rub your hair with your hand and use a dark towel- it can come off a bit!

Toppik/Nanogen definitely looks better, and stands up to sweat pretty well (I go to the gym a lot and am fine using Nanogen) But not for swimming, I'd go for dermmatch and if you dont like the way it looks by itself, try Nanogen on top