Can I start consuming Finastride?

Hi All,

My hairline has started receding a little. I consulted a clinic they recommended I start with 1mg dose of Finasteride daily. I wanted to ask if is it safe to start. I am currently 27 years of age, and not married.
They mentioned if I go for a transplant it will be somewhere around 2000 grafts. I am super confused at this moment, can I just start with Finasteride? 
Looking for some valuable opinions. Thanks!

IMG_9187.jpg

• Valued Contributor

@knightfurii I would take the advice and begin finasteride now at 1mg a day as stated by your doctor. I would give this medication a good 6-12 months to see how much your hair will benefit from the drug. Even if you feel your hair is still the same in 12 months then you have stabilized your hair loss and the drug is working. This will then position you well if you decide to have surgery. However you may also be happy with the results of just staying on Finasteride. All the best. 

• Moderators

Yes. Finasteride is good to start with. You can also try Minoxidil. If you just started thinning or receding then the meds may be able to hold you off from needing a transplant for a long time.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.