1 day post FUE Hair transplant, excited and looking or opinions on how well it was performed!

Hey! 
had an FUE transplant yesterday! Still waiting for the write up from the surgery included in the follow up phone call tomorrow, containing how many grafts etc was there, wondering how many does it look? 
does it look like it was performed well? 

The doctor said it would be conservative to make my hairline like it was pre hair loss instead of dead straight! Said it would be a lot more atheistically pleasing! 
what are your opinions on this? 

Thank you very much in advance for replies and I am more than happy to continue sharing my journey if anyone is interested! 

IMG_4235.jpeg

IMG_4248.jpeg

IMG_4250.jpeg

IMG_4252.jpeg

IMG_4269.jpeg

• Valued Contributor

Thanks for sharing. 🙂

I’m guessing this is around 2,000-2,500 grafts. I’m also guessing that you not knowing how many grafts this is means you didn’t pay per graft, which probably means you went to Turkey?

Who was your surgeon/which clinic?

19 minutes ago, Berba11 said:

Thanks for sharing. 🙂

I’m guessing this is around 2,000-2,500 grafts. I’m also guessing that you not knowing how many grafts this is means you didn’t pay per graft, which probably means you went to Turkey?

Maybe I have an estimation and waiting on final price so I can the remaining price to the surgeon and was wanting a second opinion ;) 

I just want opinions on how it looks without naming the clinic or who done it…yet! If I paid loads I don’t want that messing with opinions saying it’s great!

if I paid not much I also don’t want people beating on good work! 

All I will say is I got this done in England 

• Valued Contributor
35 minutes ago, GymStefani said:

Maybe I have an estimation and waiting on final price so I can the remaining price to the surgeon and was wanting a second opinion ;) 

I just want opinions on how it looks without naming the clinic or who done it…yet! If I paid loads I don’t want that messing with opinions saying it’s great!

if I paid not much I also don’t want people beating on good work! 

All I will say is I got this done in England 

UK would have been my second guess. Lots of clinics in Turkey & the UK run an "all in" pricing model.

In terms of how it looks... It's usually very difficult to say with absolute certainty at this stage when everything is a bit bloody and scabs are forming. My own initial impression (for what it's worth) is that the density looks ok - maybe on the slightly less dense side, but within reasonable density boundaries - and that the hairline graft placement looks a little bit linear and lacking irregularities for a softer, more broken up hairline. However, I again have to caveat and say that it's hard to make those kind of technical assessments at this stage with real conviction. It's also virtually impossible to know if they've used nice, soft single graft hairs in the hairline and if the angles and directions of the grafts are optimal.

I do like that they've gone a little more conservative and not lowered your hairline, and it's almost always a nice touch to leave a few finer native hairs at the centre point of the hairline in front of the newly transplanted hairs to aid the naturalness (which it looks like they've done).

Lastly, the donor extractions are decently spread out though it looks like they didn't utilise the side of your head very much (but maybe that's the single upside down picture not telling the full story!). I'd have maybe liked to see the full donor used if that is indeed the case, but it doesn't look like you'll have any donor issues as far as I can tell.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Berba11 said:

Thanks for sharing. 🙂

to me this looks closer to 1800 grafts.  The work looks ok. Nothing spectacular but definitely not a botch job regardless of what you have paid. just my opinion

Edited by shiba1985
  • Like 1

• Moderators

The density seems OK. It's hard to tell what it actually looks like this early after the HT because you still have a lot of blood on the grafts. Once the scabs come off you will have a much better idea of what it all looks like.

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.